• Alan Splice
  • Alan Splice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5046 by Alan Splice
Alan Splice replied the topic: Pro Tools Import with .mxfs
Thanks for that Graeme

If anyone else has the same issue, couple of solutions also.. I've checked "delete silent channels" in import preferences on FCP X, unchecked "create optimized media for multicam clips" in playback preferences, and use roles to export any extra tracks I might want like an M&E track i.e for noise cancelling using roles in FCPX and roles selection in X2Pro settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 weeks ago #5045 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Pro Tools Import with .mxfs
You can choose which roles to include in your AAF. Would this help in your situation?

Choosing which roles to include and what order are not available in the LE version, unless you have purchased the "Pro Upgrade"

• Alan Splice
  • Alan Splice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5044 by Alan Splice
Alan Splice created the topic: Pro Tools Import with .mxfs
HI,

I am a freelancer cutting Television Promos on latest FCP X working for a company that mix on Pro Tools. I use mixed program .mxf files with (surround sound) multi tracks. I really only need dialogue, music (that I add) and sound effects tracks to be transferred, but all tracks from .mxf files in the timeline are being exported in the .AAF created by X2Pro 4.0.12, The sound engineers are complaining because of the multi track mess that ensues. when they import to Pro Tools. Is there any way to only export the tracks I need to the .AAf i.e 1,2 and not the other 6 tracks of audio from the .mxf files in the timeline?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds