ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios

More
6 years 1 month ago #6212 by Gonzo
Gonzo replied the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
Still no track names in ProTools? Is there any solution/update/workaround yet?
When I open the AAF with a text editor, I see all metadata is included in the AAF. But it doesn't show up in ProTools.
Audiofiles are recorded with a Cantar X3 in Poly Wav.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 weeks ago #5140 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
clarammalagelada,

After receiving files from gillesemp, who appears to have the same problem as you were describing, we discovered a problem in the metadata in his audio files which we may have found a workaround for.

Are you able to send us one of your source media files that is getting the wrong channel name in Pro Tools after X2Pro has converted it so that we can check whether it is the same cause?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5119 by gillesemp
gillesemp replied the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
Hello, small update because i'm encountering the same problem.

It appears that when we use MONO audios there is no problem. But the problem appears with multi channel embedded audios. We cannot revert to split mono because it would be too long.

Here are pics that illustrates the same problem here.
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 weeks ago #5104 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
I don't think it's possible to put the role information against a clip instead of a track.

What is the other audio metadata that you want to keep. I think BWF metadata from WAV files should be carried over into Pro Tools.

• clarammalagelada
  • clarammalagelada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #5101 by clarammalagelada
clarammalagelada replied the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
Thank you for your answer Graeme!
The problem is that the info is only seen in the tracks, not in the media. If I move the media from one track to another I don't know anymore to which belonged.

Do you know if I can maintain that information? And, also, the comments I had on my audio metadata that where shown in Final Cut x?

Thank you very much !!!
clara

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #5085 by Graeme Robinson
I opened your AAF and I saw the track names to the left of the track. They are shortened by Pro Tools, but if I hover the mouse over them, it shows me the full track name as you can see in my screen grab.
Attachments:

• clarammalagelada
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 1 month ago #5083 by clarammalagelada
clarammalagelada replied the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
Hello Graeme Robinson,

Thank you very much for your answer. Sure, I send you an example. In Final Cut X I have my audio metadata.
I send you a screen shot of my audio in Final. The thing is that when I export the AAF using X2pro, Pro Tools doesn't
recieve the audio information of the tracks, they are all named "Boom". I send you another screenshot. The audios above are the ones they recieve with my AAF. The ones in the bottom are the originals.

Besides, all comments are missing in Pro Tools now.

It would be great if you could help me ! Maybe it's something I am doing wrong when exporting the AAF in X2Pro...

here is my aaf: we.tl/8RcLg1f0cG

clara
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #5073 by Graeme Robinson
It's not clear exactly what metadata you mean. Can you please elaborate, perhaps providing some screenshots or instructions telling us what you would expect to see and how we can reproduce it?

It would be great if you could create a small project containing one clip that exhibits the problem then provide the fcpxml and the media file.

• clarammalagelada
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 1 month ago #5069 by clarammalagelada
clarammalagelada created the topic: ProTools AAF no comments / no track name in audios
Hello, I am working with Final Cut X 10.3.2. My audio media contains metadata that is lost when exporting XML and using X2Pro. When I get the AAF and import it in Pro Tools 12 we loose COMMENTS and AUDIO TRACKS NAMES. These appear in the tracks but not in the audio files. When these are moved from their track we don't know were they belong.
Please, could someone help me?

Thank you very much.
clara

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds