X2Pro is crashing while inspecting items

More
6 years 11 months ago #5265 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: X2Pro is crashing while inspecting items
Dear Andrew,

We are going to create a build and make it available to yourself to see if it does indeed resolve the issue. Will send you a mail.

Yours sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• countrymatters
  • countrymatters's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5264 by countrymatters
countrymatters replied the topic: X2Pro is crashing while inspecting items
Hi Graeme,

I'm in the middle of another project at the moment, so I don't have time to create other mock tests... but considering I was able to export the XML using a number of other software tools, I think there's something amiss with X2Pro.

I'll try to test it out when I have the time, but my project is pretty simple in the grand scheme of things - all the media was copied and transcoded to ProRes, in a single Library bundle - it wasn't spread out on separate drives, in different formats. The track allocation error happens on an XDCAM clip which is the same problem I had last year... see post.

Why is this still happening a year later. At that time, I was told this error would go away if I upgraded to the latest version of MacOS (which eventually I did), and now it's happening again, and in fact, seems worse.

Andrew

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5256 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: X2Pro is crashing while inspecting items
Countrymatters,

We're still not sure what caused this crash, but we are looking into it. Can you convert other, simpler projects, or does it crash with every one?

• countrymatters
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5248 by countrymatters
Other things I've tried...

1. I tried sending the FCP X XML to the page you referenced to "fix" it, but there was no change. It crashes while inspecting the file when using XML version 1.6, and it results in the track allocation error when using version 1.5.

2. Just to see if it would work... I used XtoCC to translate the FCPX XML to a FCP 7 XML which imported into Premiere amazingly well - there were a few odd things with video aspect ratios but 90% of the video was perfect. The audio was 100% perfect - only the tracks that were enabled in FCPX were active in Premiere, and the sync was frame accurate throughout. Then I wondered - what if I exported an OMF from Premiere and imported into Pro tools.... so, I did AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY! Not one problem. Actually, it did point out one specific problem unique to one Video clip with embedded audio - the audio doesn't fade properly in that file, but the report it gave me said that it wouldn't affect the translation and that I should replace the crossfade to correct it!! How amazing is that - and it even showed the exact timecode and track number where the problem was!! I imported the video that I had exported out of FCPX to check the sync and it was perfect.

So, I can export from FCP X and import to XtoCC, translate the file to an FCP 7 XML, import that into Premiere, then export an OMF from Premiere, import the resulting OMF in Pro Tools, but I can't use X2Pro without it crashing?? Come on guys, this is insane. You've got to figure this out - I spent 10 years exporting OMF's from FCP 7 and Premiere without any problems - it always worked, I never once felt it wouldn't. I feel like I've been bug testing this software for 2 years now. Every time I go to use it, I am expecting it not to work, because for me, it hasn't much of the time. When it actually does work - it's really great - but it's so unreliable that I have to build in a day just to figure out what I'm going to do when it fails - this time I had to mix my audio in FCP X which now that I've done it once, is actually doable. But now, I may just go the longer route via Premiere.

I'm trying to be constructive here with my feedback because I want this software to work - it would be the easiest and fastest way for me to get my audio out of FCPX and into Pro tools, but to be honest - this shouldn't be this frustrating and difficult for a product that costs $150.

• countrymatters
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5247 by countrymatters
Nothing??

• countrymatters
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5242 by countrymatters
I had to mix my audio inside of FCP X which was not what I wanted to do but I was desperate and my delivery was on Sunday, ... but in the interest of trying to avoid this in the future...

I tried exporting XML's again this morning - using version 1.6 and 1.5. The 1.6 version got further this time before it crashed... before it would crash while scanning the drive, then it started adding the audio to the AAF but then it crashed again (report sent to Apple at 7:36:12 (see screenshot).

Then I tried using version 1.5 of the XML, and it says parsing Final Cut XML, whereas using the 1.6 version, it says inspecting items or something like that... that results in a different error - "Unknown track layout for asset C0011" and no AAF gets generated (see screenshot). I set the preferences to ignore errors and produce the AAF but that apparently has no effect.

Both XML's are attached.

I'm using 4.0.17 of X2Pro, FCP 10.3.3 and MacOS 10.12.4
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5238 by Graeme Robinson
Garcia, it sounds like a problem that was fixed in the latest update (4.0.18). Are you trying to use v4.0.17?

Please create separate threads for the other issues if you would like us to look into them.

More
6 years 11 months ago #5236 by Garcia
Garcia replied the topic: X2Pro is crashing while inspecting items
Hi
This is happening to me as well.
I am using X2pro LE with pro Upgrade. Have tried deleting and re-installing the app.
As soon as it starts it quits.
I have two computers and in the other one I have not done the update and works perfectly.
Aslo, my protools guy is always complaining that he gets all the tracks from the multicam, even though I have turned them off in FCPX.
And lastly for some reason when importing to protools some clips are just of by tenths when zoomed in..
Really need a fix of the app quitting.
Thanks

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5234 by Graeme Robinson
  1. What X2Pro product are are you using (Full Product/LE/LE with Pro Upgrade)
  2. What version number of X2Pro are you using?
  3. When it crashes please press the send to apple button, then tell us what time it crashed and you pressed the button.

• countrymatters
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5231 by countrymatters
countrymatters created the topic: X2Pro is crashing while inspecting items
Hi,

I've exported an XML and now the application is crashing and generates an Apple crash report before it's even getting to the point where it's generating an AAF. Why??? I have to mix this show today and now I can't even get it out of FCP.. Please help. I've attached the XML.

Andrew
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds