worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)

More
6 years 8 months ago #5658 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)
Dear Nikos,

This is something that has been debated with customers at every show we have been to, and no one has been able to define a workflow that would work for everyone. Therefore currently we take the whole multicam. I will create a new topic in feature requests, and hopefully we can debate it on the forum to see what would work for most.

Yours Sincerely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5655 by nick314
nick314 replied the topic: worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)
Graeme, hi!

Just ran into the same 'issue'. Is this something that you will fix (or add) in the future, meaning the ability to trim multicam clips to their used size in the project and not the actual multicam clip?

Best regards,
Nikos

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5279 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)
Yes. So if the clip is 5 minutes long, but 3 minutes of it is used in a multicam clip, and 1 minute of the multicam clip is used in your project, Worx4 X would take 3 minutes of the clip because that is what was used in the multicam clip.

Unfortunately in most cases, a multicam clip uses the whole duration of each source clip, so there is normally not much consolidation done on multicam clips.

• kimgroth
  • kimgroth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5278 by kimgroth
kimgroth replied the topic: worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)
Thanks for the reply!

Just for the sake of clarity. This means that it does not trim to the length of the clip in the project/timeline, but to the length of the clip inside the multicam?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5277 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)
Hi Kim,

MultiCam clips are copied in their entirety, media files which are longer than these clips will be trimmed to the length of the original MultiCam clip

This is detailed on the Worx4 X page in the app store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/worx4-x/id1195903030)

• kimgroth
  • kimgroth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5276 by kimgroth
kimgroth created the topic: worx seems to ignore multicams (and does not trim)
I'm trying to slim a season of a TV show, 6 episodes of 43ish minutes. Almost every shot is multicam, and the multicams are very long (most more than an hour). Now I was just testing a 15 second trailer, and i realise that mxf files are not supported, so I converted to prores and relinked those files. This is what worx tells me:

10:44:42 Worx4 X v1.0.30
10:44:42 Inspecting /Volumes/kims promise/Helikopter 2/worx/PGM 6_Trailer 15sek test.fcpxml
10:44:42 Consolidation is expected to reduce the size of the project as follows:
Trim Handles: 1.0s.
Uncompressed audio files will be trimmed.
Sync clips will be optimised.
Original project: 25.5 hours - 739 GB.
Consolidated project: 24.7 hours - 729 GB.
Saving 9.89 GB.

Again, the huge file size is because of the huge mulitcams.
I have attached the fcpxml file.
Are multicams not supported, or am I doing something wrong?
Help would be much apreciated.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds