Error Timed out waiting for XPC response

More
8 years 2 months ago #3471 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response
Hi Ian,

The sound.thinking mail address, if you want you can mail us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have a different mail address.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3470 by Ian M
Ian M replied the topic: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response
Where are you sending it to?

More
8 years 2 months ago #3469 by James Carrick
Hi Ian,

I will resend the details, you should have received it about an hour and a half ago.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3468 by Ian M
Thanks, James. I would love to try out the new version and any error avoidance - it makes sense to me that it would be better to generate a partial AAF file, if it is only missing few files. That would be easier to work with and fix. How do I get this version to try out? There is nothing in my inbox as yet. It would make an enormous difference if I could get my audio out of this project, but I need to do it relatively soon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3467 by James Carrick
Dear Ian,

Am very sorry to hear that, but I can understand your frustration, honestly I do think that the 3.0.10 version will probably work for you, out of the 12 instances we have been investigating we appear to have resolved eleven of them with the 3.0.10 code.

There is a request with Product Management to produce a version that will leave any media that there are errors with out of the AAF, but create an AAF. There is also a way in the current code to achieve something similar, although it is not documented, in that it would force the creation of an AAF, and if the essence is not available it will skip it, and if it is available it will process it, would this help you ?

If we can be of any further help then please advise, and if you could run the 3.0.10 code just once on the sequence just so we know that it does work that would be a great help.

Yours Sincerely

More
8 years 2 months ago #3466 by Ian M
Thanks James for your response. Unfortunately I will probably go for a refund, as I don't have the time for troubleshooting. However, I am happy to send you any info that will help, and if this gets cleared up then I will repurchase. I would suggest making a demo available which will do everything except at the end does not write the AAF file, but says that the process has been successful and the purchase can go ahead with confidence.

I did try a simple project and it went ok. It seems that on a large complex project there are many parameters which can go wrong, possibly in the Apple generated xml file itself.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3464 by James Carrick
Dear Danny,

Sorry you have struggled with software, we had tried to be as responsive as we could, however the nature of the XPC errors are that we know we have resolved at least two incidents that cause the issue but it would appear there is a third, which unfortunately is what your experiencing.

I appreciate your disappointed, and we would really like to progress but cannot without your assistance as unfortunately we are unable to duplicate how your getting the XPC error in our lab.

If you can help that would fabulous, if not then we understand that if you contact the app store they will refund you.

Yours Sincerely

More
8 years 2 months ago #3463 by James Carrick
Dear Ian

The XPC error is thrown up we thought for at least two different issues, it looks like it might be more, unfortunately because of the nature of the error message its been difficult to resolve, we know we have resolved at least two scenarios that can cause this.

Ian we will provide you with details of how to get this code in a separate mail.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3462 by Ian M
Well, here's another string of code for you from the console, there is vast reams of this stuff:

21/02/2016 23:04:29.466 X2ProLE Audio Convert[585]: Timed out waiting for XPC
21/02/2016 23:04:29.466 X2ProLE Audio Convert[585]: Error attempting to read audio layout from asset AF371901
21/02/2016 23:04:29.466 X2ProLE Audio Convert[585]: Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [AF371901]
21/02/2016 23:04:29.466 X2ProLE Audio Convert[585]: Failed to initialise audio extractor with default bit depth of 16
21/02/2016 23:04:29.466 X2ProLE Audio Convert[585]: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response

Suggestion: Check Console for errors.
21/02/2016 23:04:59.474 X2ProLE Audio Convert[585]: Timed out waiting for XPC

followed by:
Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [AF108502] to AAF file
Opening audio extractor for portion 0 of asset [AF108502]
Failed to initialise audio extractor with default bit depth of 16

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert LE 3.0.5

I will phone the director tomorrow and tell him there is no way I can mix his audio by Thursday. What a mess.
Thanks Danny, will look into it, but that is a convoluted route. It looks like I have to spend the same amount again for an uncertain result - that would be an expensive day for two programmes that don't work. How crazy that demos aren't available to test these things out, would save a lot of money.
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Ian M.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3461 by dannydebil
dannydebil replied the topic: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response
Hey!
Had the exact same issues, customer support tried to be very quick and helpful but the beta they sent came out with same results.
Eventually ended up buying premiere, converting the project with another app XtoCc and exported aaf successfully from premiere.
Total bummer...

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3460 by Ian M
Wow, is this programme infuriating. I bought the LE version to test as we have a large project which needs audio editing by Thursday. The xml out of FCP into Logic wasn't working satisfactorily so i was told this was the one to get. Three times i have tried to generate an AAF file and it has failed with cryptic, unhelpful messages like this:

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [AF369406] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [AF369406]
Reading audio data from audio extractor : 1048576 samples
Failed to read 1048576 samples

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert LE 3.0.5

Checking the console is hopeless unless you are a programmer.

There is talk of a beta on here which fixes it, so please make this available.

FCP 10.2.2
OSX 10.10.5

xml too big to upload
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Ian M.

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #3457 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response
Danny,

I have sent you an email with details about a new BETA software that we believe to resolve this problem.
Please let us know how you get along.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3456 by dannydebil
dannydebil replied the topic: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response
Hi! Getting the same message as the others....Cany you help out ASAP!!!

Danny
Attachments:

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago #3455 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: Error Timed out waiting for XPC response
Hello Nedbaev,

I have just sent you an email about the progress we have had with our BETA software and the testing we have done in relation to the XPC time-out.
Please let us know if the new software I provided fixes your issue or if you still are seeing issues.

Many thanks.

More
8 years 3 months ago #3223 by James Carrick
Dear Nedbaev,

It does look like an issue with memory, will forward you a link to a 3.0.6 version which should resolve the problem.

Yours sincerely

James.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds