Detached audio clips missing from AAF

More
6 years 1 month ago #6276 by Jabbadehutt3
Jabbadehutt3 replied the topic: Failed to open bookmark for asset
Thank you Tim for your answer. Good idea, will try that tomorrow. I'm off for tonight. I'll be back and keep you posted. Merci.
Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #6275 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Failed to open bookmark for asset
What happens if you re-import the XML to FCPX? it sounds like the bookmarks in the XML are wrong. If you re-import it (you may then need to re-link the media) and then export a new XML from the re-imported and re-linked project does this convert OK?

More
6 years 1 month ago #6274 by Jabbadehutt3
Yes I did.

And yes, I did.

More
6 years 1 month ago #6273 by TimRobson
Jay,
thanks for the explanation on the preferences, this is not something that we have needed to do with X2Pro so I am not surprised that it made no difference.

Your last comment, "I just retried. Still the same result. What do I do now that all this doesn't work?"
Did you export a new XML?
Did you try with all disks added to the Media Locations?

More
6 years 1 month ago #6272 by Jabbadehutt3
Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry if this confuses you, so it does to me. I'll do my best to answer to your questions.

"1) Is the problem now that you have a single clip which caused the AAF not to be created because it couldn't be opened?"

Actually I don't know. I thought that it was a single clip because the report coming out of X2Pro only mentions one clip. But when I once deleted this clip from my timeline and retried, I got the same result – only then with another clip that seemed to be the problem. This is what it's saying (The Native Dreams part being the file name):
Getting audio characteristics for asset [Native_Dreams_Full_Track]
Failed to open bookmark for asset [Native_Dreams_Full_Track]

"2) What do you mean that you 'Trashed the Preferences' and what did you expect it to achieve?"

This used to be an often occurring problem in interference between editing software and third party components over these last ten years, that the preferences sometimes prevented good things from happening. That's what the third party component by Digital Rebellion is made for, which is called Preference Manager. It helps sometimes smoothening processes. But I think you didn't talk about preferences in the first place, but about the permissions, i.e. the disc permissions for X2Pro, right?
In this case I can assure you this is the first thing I checked at the very beginning as this is the most common thing you are talking about in this forum under almost every thread. I made that sure early on – and just rechecked. X2Pro has access to all my discs.

"It is likely that the problem creating the AAF is due to the upgrade causing changes to the Application Scoped Bookmarks so please export a new copy of the FCPXML and try the new version to see if it can be processed, if not then add the entire disk to the Media Locations before trying again."

What is Applications Scoped Bookmarks and how do I fix it?

I just retried. Still the same result. What do I do now that all this doesn't work?

More
6 years 1 month ago #6270 by TimRobson
Jay,
I have to say that we are all a bit confused about your last reply and what the situation with your problem is. Can you answer a couple of questions and then do something please?

1) Is the problem now that you have a single clip which caused the AAF not to be created because it couldn't be opened?
2) What do you mean that you 'Trashed the Preferences' and what did you expect it to achieve?

It is likely that the problem creating the AAF is due to the upgrade causing changes to the Application Scoped Bookmarks so please export a new copy of the FCPXML and try the new version to see if it can be processed, if not then add the entire disk to the Media Locations before trying again.

More
6 years 1 month ago #6267 by Jabbadehutt3
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your answer. I trashed preferences (with Pro Maintenance Tools from Digital Rebellion) but I'm afraid that the same error keeps occurring.

We're almost done with the sound post now (I chose a workaround with exporting all audio roles as separate WAVs which is for a short project OK but not ideal and exactly why I bought X2Pro).

Now it apparently had a (new) problem with the layout narrator's track which I then deleted (I already have the final narrator's track) and then it was again the music. There must be something I do wrong but I don't get it what it is.

It's not an issue anymore for the actual workflow of this project but we have a bigger project coming on and I want to be sure about my workflow beforehand.

Thank you for your assistance!
Best
Jay

More
6 years 1 month ago #6266 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Failed to open bookmark for asset
Sorry I didn't see you had replied before sending my previous message.

To answer your question, it is an options limitation with the LE version of X2Pro. The pro version enables all the options in the preferences which includes the option to continue creating an aaf. and warn you about any issue it had.

More
6 years 1 month ago #6264 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Hi Jay,

Creating a new xml in FCP should then allow you to convert to aaf. It is also worth checking your permissions as well.

If it still fails, can you send us your xml file to have a look at?

Thanks,

More
6 years 1 month ago #6263 by Jabbadehutt3
Jabbadehutt3 replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Hi Daniel,

As now the problem with the detached audio files vanished and the other problem appeared, should I change the subject matter in the header?

Just coming back for updating my system information: MacPro late 2013, OS X High Sierra 10.13.3, FCPX 10.4, X2Pro LE 4.1.0.

How come that one single music file, even if it weren't recognised by X2Pro, shut down the whole process of creating an AAF?

Maybe for the background: For reasons of a better overview and because I worked mainly with stock footage on this project, I pretty much only used audio from different sources than the image. Which then lead to me detaching all the audio formerly attached to image files and deleting it. So now I have a sequence in which pretty much every audio bit is detached. Which then (under the non updated system) led to the incomplete AAF with practically no audio in there at all. And now (with all system updated) to the above mentioned problem that X2Pro denies building an AAF in the first place, mentioning the music track as the problem.

For this job I work on two films which more or less work the same way technically (based upon stock footage) and I encounter this problem in both projects / sequences – both times with the music mentioned as the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Best
Jakob

More
6 years 1 month ago #6257 by Jabbadehutt3
Hi Daniel,
Thant for the quick response. In the meantime I recognised that my OS was outdated and I updated everything. So it took me a while now. For now, all is up and running and I retried if everything works out now. But to my great astonishment, it now doesn't even create an AAF file anymore in the first place.

This is the failure code / error notice I'm getting:

Writing AAF file
Getting audio characteristics for asset [Piano_Damelie_Full_Track]
Failed to open bookmark for asset [Piano_Damelie_Full_Track]

Suggestion : ensure that the location for this file has been added to the Media Locations in the Preferences

No AAF file has been generated.
X2ProLE Audio Convert 4.1.0

Any advice that might help in this matter? The file mentioned in the notice is a music file located in the same bin as other media.

Best
Jay

More
6 years 1 month ago #6256 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Hi Jay,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Would you be able to send us your xml file and the .txt file x2pro should have created so we can see what is going on? As well as sending us a couple screenshots of the detached audio file in Final Cut X and where it should be in Pro Tools.

Thanks,

Daniel

More
6 years 1 month ago #6255 by Jabbadehutt3
Hello everybody,

Interesting to read what you were discussing here. I actually currently encounter just a similar problem: Detached audio files do not show up in pro tools. I updated what there is to update but the problem seems to stay the same. Any advice what I should do?

Many thanks in advance
Jay

• EemeliY
  • EemeliY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5812 by EemeliY
EemeliY replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Thanks for letting me know! I'll inform you if any problems occur again but hopefully not. Thanks again!

More
6 years 6 months ago #5790 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Dear EemeliY

Just so you are aware 4.0.32 was released on the app store earlier today.

Yours sincerely

James

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds