Detached audio clips missing from AAF

More
6 years 6 months ago #5752 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Glad to hear you are not encountering the problem anywhere else. The next version of X2Pro should prevent this from happening again. Thank you for reporting this to us so we could sort it as soon as possible before someone else encountered the same issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• EemeliY
  • EemeliY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5751 by EemeliY
EemeliY replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Excellent! Thanks for the update! Hopefully the next release will solve this case. Although we haven’t encountered the problem since my last message. Since that we’ve successfully delivered two episodes to sound post and AAFs contained all the audio files. I’m not sure if there were any detached audio from sync’d clips but the episodes transferred correctly to Pro Tools. Which is good but raises the question why the problem occurred with earlier episodes. Anyhow, there was definitely a some kind of translation issue with X2Pro. Thank you for investigating the problem!

More
6 years 7 months ago #5730 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
We have been testing this in the next release of X2Pro and all missing audio clips are now shown to be there.

Regards.

Daniel

• EemeliY
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago #5596 by EemeliY
EemeliY replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
No problem. Good to hear you could reproduce the problem. I'll stay tuned for updates.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 9 months ago #5592 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Thank you for providing that fcpxml. I can see exactly what you mean when I convert the project on our systems. I have created a ticket on our system, number 7374. I will update when we figure out what is happening here.

• EemeliY
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #5588 by EemeliY
EemeliY created the topic: Detached audio clips missing from AAF
Greetings all the way from Finland!

I work as an assistant editor for a big TV show with lots of high profile clients involved.

Our first episodes are in audio post now and we ran into an interesting problem. AAF which the editor made with X2Pro seems to be missing some audio clips in Pro Tools. All the roles and subroles are set appropriately (boom, lavs, music, voice-over etc.) and preferences in X2Pro should be fine. We have the latest versions of FCPX, X2Pro and macOS Sierra.

At first it seemed that there were just random clips missing but after a deep investigation I noticed that the missing clips are detached audio clips from synced clips (all the footage is synced manually in FCPX with external audio). These detached clips are used with B-roll footage so they're connected to those video clips in FCPX timeline.

Our sound designer and I compared our timelines and they looked exactly the same in Pro Tools and FCPX - except the sound designer didn't have these detached clips. He had a gap in his timeline where I had the detached audio clip.

The problem isn't with FCPX or the fcpxml 1.6 as I noticed when I made some tests with Resolve and Reaper (with Vordio). I imported a test sequence to both of them and everything imported correctly. Even the detached audio clips. I also looked into the fcpxml file with Text Editor and if I understood it correctly it had everything in their right places.

For now my investigations have led me to believe that there's a bug in X2Pro that prevents detached audio clips to be translated correctly into the AAF file. The roles and subroles are set correctly and there are no overlapping clips that could somehow overwrite the now missing audio clips.

I can provide you with an xml file of one our sequences and timecode information of the clips that are missing in Pro Tools but not publicly as it contains confidential information. I also need to be sure that it gets removed from your systems after you've made your investigations.

Best regards.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by EemeliY.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds