• Clay Hassler
  • Clay Hassler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6106 by Clay Hassler
Clay Hassler replied the topic: Error with AAF export
Hi Daniel --

I'm working in Final Cut X 10.4. "Keep Sub-Roles Separate" is selected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #6105 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Error with AAF export
Hi Clay,

When we import both of the xml files into our FCP X (10.4) it shows all of the Dialogue roles being enabled. What version of FCP X are you running?

In X2Pro > Preferences > Roles. Do you have "Merge sub-roles into parent" selected instead of "keep sub-roles separate"?

Regards,

Daniel

• Clay Hassler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6104 by Clay Hassler
We are realizing now that the AAF export for all 6 projects have merged the dual mono tracks into one. The last two "problem" projects are the same as the rest -- the other four were more subtle. Our sound mixers are telling us that when they receive the AAF file -- the interview bite is imported as a single mono file that's been mixed with both the lav and boom. We just need the lav in the final mix. The boom is disabled in Final Cut (see pic I sent in email), but the program includes the boom in the export of the AAF file. Thanks for your help!

Clay

• Clay Hassler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6103 by Clay Hassler
Hi Tim --

I just sent an email with the link to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Best,

Clay

More
6 years 3 months ago #6101 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Error with AAF export
Can you give us one of the 'good' project XMLs and one of the 'bad' ones please? I'd like to compare the XML settings for the enabled and disabled audio in them.

• Clay Hassler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6097 by Clay Hassler
Thanks for your help, Tim. I've reimported the XML into Final Cut and the project is preserved as it was upon the initial export. Something is happening with the AAF file as it transcodes from XML. Any thoughts?

More
6 years 3 months ago #6093 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Error with AAF export
Given that 4 of the 6 worked as expected it seems more likely that the problem is in the FCPXML than anywhere else. Try reimporting one of the 'bad' projects into FCPX and see what it makes of the XML that it wrote. I suspect that it'll prove interesting!

• Clay Hassler
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #6092 by Clay Hassler
Clay Hassler created the topic: Error with AAF export
Hi,

I have six 3-4 minute projects I’ve exported from FCPX to be delivered to our mixers for a final sound mix. 4 out of the 6 exported just fine. The remaining 2 are having issues. The interview audio was recorded with a single lav mic as well as a shotgun mic on the camera for reference. The two audio channels were converted into separate duo mono channels in Final Cut. I muted all of the shotgun audio so only the lav audio is “on” and audible. When my exported timeline is brought into Pro Tools, the audio is getting switched to that of the shotgun mic, so the interviews are tinny and at a distance. I used the same set-up for all 6 projects but for some reason the AAF export is switching the audio. Any help and/or assistance would be much appreciated!

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds