X2Pro LE (Pro Upgrade) Crashing on SFX (Seemingly)

• GlobalCinematic
  • GlobalCinematic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #8497 by GlobalCinematic
GlobalCinematic replied the topic: X2Pro LE (Pro Upgrade) Crashing on SFX (Seemingly)
Hey, Daniel. For the dialogue exclusion I can provide any documentation or screenshots to help isolate the issue.

- Shea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #8496 by GlobalCinematic
GlobalCinematic replied the topic: X2Pro LE (Pro Upgrade) Crashing on SFX (Seemingly)
Wonderful, Daniel. Thanks so much.

Standing by to give that a try.

- Shea

More
1 year 4 months ago #8495 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: X2Pro LE (Pro Upgrade) Crashing on SFX (Seemingly)
Hi Shea,

It won't remedy the dialogue exclusion. We are struggling to reproduce or see that issue currently.

I will email you some details on access to a build that should no longer crash.

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #8491 by GlobalCinematic
Amazing, Daniel. Thanks so much.

Will this build also remedy the dialogue exclusion issue we are encountering or is there something else we can do to address that?

More
1 year 4 months ago #8490 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: X2Pro LE (Pro Upgrade) Crashing on SFX (Seemingly)
Hi Shea,

If all goes well, hopefully I will email you later today about getting you access to a temporary build of X2Pro.

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #8489 by GlobalCinematic
Daniel, that's great news!

I'm sure you and the team are working hard to remedy. I hate to ask (but we all ask the same thing I'm sure) but would you have an ETA on an update as we are obviously in need of getting these AAF's over to a sound mixer asap to hit deadlines.

Really appreciate your help so far.

All the best - Shea

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #8488 by GlobalCinematic
Ok I actually did get it to create a .txt file. It is attached below.

Still standing by on how best to get the crash report to you.

- Shea
Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago #8487 by Daniel Beasley
Don't worry about the crash report, I believe we have manged to find the issue of the crash, we will need to do an update for X2Pro to resolve it.

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #8486 by GlobalCinematic
Hey, Daniel. For the crash report the site doesn't natively allow the crash report file type. Is there another way that I can submit that?
Additionally, X2Pro is not generating a .txt file for the AAF once it is rendered.

Is there a manual way to fetch that?

- Shea

More
1 year 4 months ago #8485 by Daniel Beasley
Hi Shea,

For the AAF you can successfully create which has missing media, can you send us the .txt file that is generated alongside the AAF file? As for the crash report, are you able to resend it without converting it to a PDF file? The file needs to be sent exactly as it was on the disk so it can be opened in XCODE.

Many thanks,

Daniel

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #8484 by GlobalCinematic
Hey, Daniel.

Attached below is the requested crash report.

Also want to reiterate the additional snag we are hitting.

When we remove the SFX and leave only dialogue and music, X2Pro will render out the AAF, but that AAF ends up only containing music and a few snips of nat sound when it should have entire chunks of interview audio.

We took the XML we generated and ran it back through FCP to ensure that it wasn't a faulty XML, but it pulled all the audio in completely with no issue. We shot on RED Komodo's with nat audio and interview audio straight into camera, so it's being pulled from R3d files.

So we'd love to fix the crashing and we'd love to sort out why there's no dialogue audio in the AAF that we are able to generate.
Appreciate all your help.

- Shea
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by GlobalCinematic.

More
1 year 4 months ago #8483 by Daniel Beasley
Would you be able to send us the whole crash report?

In Finder go to Applications and then Utilities.
In that folder there is an app called Console.
Run that and select Crash Reports from the list on the left.
There should be a crash report for X2ProLE.
Right click on that and select Reveal In Finder.

If you can send us that it will be useful in seeing exactly where it goes wrong.

Thanks!

More
1 year 4 months ago #8482 by Daniel Beasley
Hi Shea,

We are looking into why your xml might be causing X2Pro to crash and will respond as soon as we can find the issue or have any questions.

Thank you

• GlobalCinematic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #8480 by GlobalCinematic
GlobalCinematic created the topic: X2Pro LE (Pro Upgrade) Crashing on SFX (Seemingly)
Hello, our version of X2Pro crashes while trying to create an AAF. Our testing has identified its always in the SFX, no matter the project or density.

Below I've attached the XML and first page of the crash report.

1 additional problem we are having as well is our post-audio mixer is also saying that, when we ARE able to get an aAF made of just music and dialogue, the dialogue is not contained within the AAF. I've re-imported the XML back into FCPx and all the data is there so I'm not sure what's going on.

So it's really a 2-fold issue here at the moment. I'm happy to provide as much details as possible.

(Edit: I forgot to add that we are using 4.5.13 and have tried it on a number of machines. Currently on iMac running Monterey 12.3.1)
Thanks in advance for your expertise!

- Shea
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by GlobalCinematic.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds