Unable to parse FCP XML file

More
5 years 1 month ago #6925 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Hopefully within a couple days, it will have to be an RLM version away from the Appstore, so I will email it to you or provide you FTP server details to download it from.

You could try transcoding one of the clips you are having issues with and see if that goes through X2Pro as a separate project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6923 by safsuleyman
safsuleyman replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Ok thanks a bunch. Do you know when the new build will be released? I’ll go back through and see if I can find any clips that might be causing the issue!

More
5 years 1 month ago #6922 by Daniel Beasley
Apologies for the slow response,

Unfortunately we can't create a fix for this as it is a MacOS issue, but we think we might have a work around. One of the developers is creating a new build of X2Pro which will add more logging to the console so that it tell us which clips the compressor is struggling to deal with. Although, you would have to transcode the clips and then add them to the project and create a new XML.

Hopefully this is an okay work around for you?

More
5 years 2 months ago #6919 by safsuleyman
Thanks so much, fingers crossed!

More
5 years 2 months ago #6918 by Daniel Beasley
Thought it would be high sierra..."Error: unsupported compressor 8" appears to be a high sierra issue, looks like there is lots of different fixes for varies bits of software online.

We will look into it and see what we can do to get around this issue

More
5 years 2 months ago #6916 by safsuleyman
Hey no problem and thank you for your help,

So we are on High Sierra 10.13.6

Attached is the screen of the error message.

We're tearing our hair out here!

Thank you for your help!
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #6914 by Daniel Beasley
Apologies for the late response,

We've looked at your xml and we can't see anything wrong with it, it looks like it might be an issue with your version of MacOS, google shows lots of reports of "Error: unsupported compressor 8" with other apps when using High Sierra.

What version of MacOS are you currently using?

Would you be able to send the .txt file X2Pro creates in your destination location? If not, a screenshot of the error in X2Pro will help

More
5 years 2 months ago #6900 by safsuleyman
xml is attached here.

this seemed to be the only way to export from the console?

File Attachment:

File Name: LOLAFinalC...1.fcpxml
File Size:479 KB
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 months ago #6899 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
The XML file is not attached and the messages that you have posted from the console don't make a lot of sense. Can you try again to upload the XML and also export the text from the console of an attempt to process the XML and attach that too please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: safsuleyman

More
5 years 2 months ago #6898 by safsuleyman
Hello all,

I'm having the same problem with no solution in sight. I've tried 1.7 and 1.8 versions of xml and also set x2pro as a destination for export from fcpx.

I ran the system console whilst trying to add the xml to the source and this is what came up.

Also attached is the xml itself

default 14:47:02.878791 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

default 14:47:02.879642 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/AppCentricFinderView.nib'

default 14:47:02.903464 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

default 14:47:02.903702 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/SidebarView.nib'

default 14:47:02.923302 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

default 14:47:02.925576 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/ListView.nib'

default 14:47:02.979824 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

default 14:47:02.980177 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/ArrangeByMenu.nib'

default 14:47:03.130270 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert SFBrowserCallBack (node = <SFNode 0x11c5a210>{domain = Network})

default 14:47:03.651067 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert [WARNING] Failed to fetch all containers: <private>

default 14:47:05.937297 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert Connection to sharingd became invalid

default 14:47:05.996155 +0000 X2Pro Audio Convert OSErr AERemoveEventHandler(AEEventClass, AEEventID, AEEventHandlerUPP, Boolean)(ficl,askM handler=0xc825cd8 isSys=NO) err=0/noErr

More
5 years 7 months ago #6636 by Daniel Beasley
Can you try importing the xml back into FCP X and seeing if it plays back correctly? If its fine then export it as a 1.7 xml instead. If neither of these helps, would you be able to send us the xml file to investigate further?

More
5 years 7 months ago #6633 by Tealin
Tealin replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Hi, I'm having that error message come up too. It is a FCP Projet I'm exporting.
The message is:
Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information
Suggestions:
- Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
- Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
- Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of an Event;
- Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

Thanks for your suggestions and help

More
5 years 9 months ago #6463 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
There is something wrong in the project section of the XML that you sent, can you try re-exporting but as a V1.7 XML and see whether that works. You could also try to re-import the exported XML into a new Library in FCP and see whether it actually imports, I suspect that it may not.

More
5 years 9 months ago #6462 by mitchharris
mitchharris replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Thanks for the quick response. I've attached the project XML which X2Pro keeps rejecting. Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks!!

More
5 years 9 months ago #6461 by mitchharris
mitchharris replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Thanks for the quick response. I've attached the project XML which X2Pro keeps rejecting. Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks!!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds