Unable to parse FCP XML file

More
10 years 9 months ago #646 by belalyssa
belalyssa replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
I am having the same problem but did not at all understand what to do.

I exported the XML once and it worked but then when I do it again, it keep showing that same window. I think a new event was deleted from my computer. All of my events are on my hard drive NOT my computer. I reimported the music and I can export it into .mov file but can't export the sound. I can play it back and it's all there. I just can't seem to export the xml.

Please provide a very simple answer as to what to do as I am not very technical.

ThanK YOU.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #424 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Mike,

X2Pro will only process project FCP XMLs. Trying to process any other kind of FCP XML (Event, Clip, etc) will not work. This is expected behaviour. As you have suggested; if you want to export a single clip you can drop it into a new project and then export that as an FCP XML.

More
11 years 1 month ago #423 by mike
mike replied the topic: Re: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Hello-

Wanted to throw our XMLs into the mix for this. I understand FCP X can cause this issue, but more info cant hurt right?

From my editor; "When exporting an XML from within a compound clip, X2Pro will not accept the XML. The only work around is to drop the compound clip into a project and export the project as an XML. This creates a time consuming extra step. "
Attachments:

• Dawar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #322 by Dawar
Dawar replied the topic: Re: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Hi,
I had the same issue.
Reimporting from camera fixed it, without having to rebuild my edit.

Media was first ingested with FCPX 10.0.5
There was a mix of XDCAM EX, AVC-INTRA, and AVCHD.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #306 by graeme robinson
Marth,

Thank you for providing those files for me to look at.

I opened your project and event in FCP X, unfortunately the Event came in as empty (no clips - not even offline ones) and the clips in the project were offline.

I relinked the clips in the project to the mov files that you provided in the event folder so that everything came online and then exported and it went through X2Pro with a problem.

This (and the fact that it is the same error message and same thing wrong in the FCPXML) would indicate that it is the same issue as people have been seeing with C300 clips and the relinking solution should work. I can send you a video showing the issue with C300 files and how to work around it by relinking if you would like?

We have only seen this issue when clips were imported into FCP X 10.0.5. It doesn't matter if FCP X has been upgraded to 10.0.6 after the clips have been imported, if the clips were imported in FCP X 10.0.5 there will be problems exporting FCPXMLs that reference them in 10.0.6. We are hoping that this means it should not affect new projects as people will (hopefully) already be on 10.0.6 when they import new clips.

Can you confirm that you imported the clips using 10.0.6 and that relinking them allows you to convert the project using X2Pro?
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by graeme robinson.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #305 by graeme robinson
Marth,

I have sent you an email with ftp details so that you can upload the files for us to look at.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #304 by Marth
Marth replied the topic: Re: Unable to parse FCP XML file
Thanks for the help, I have recreated the problem, with a project containing 2 short clips. I can upload the Event folder and the project folder as well as the .XML file. As you will see on the timeline when you open it, Both clips on the timeline were clips that were synced in the event browser, edited down to the timeline, then broken apart, the audio separated, and switched from Stereo to dual mono.

also, using X2Pro version 2.1.1

Tested this xml and got the same error message. selected "Audio View" from the drop down menu in FCP X when creating the .XML. have tried it with all flavours of FCP X .XML, every setting, same error.
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Marth.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #302 by graeme robinson
Marth,

I think the best way for us to look into this is if we could get your project in font of us in our lab here. If I give you FTP details would you be able to upload:
  1. Your FCP X project files
  2. Your exported FCPXML for above project
  3. All accompanying media files used in the above project

It sounds like you might be able to recreate you problem using just a single clip, if so then it should be able to make this set of files quite small.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #301 by Marth
Marth replied the topic: Re: Unable to parse FCP XML file
I have a unique problem with this very same error Message. I am importing and editing transcoded XDCAM EX video files that are converted to Prores 422 files. No matter what I do, simply add a single clip with stereo audio, mono audio, or no audio at all into the primary storyline, it gives me this same error:

Invalid track number 2 referencing asset 2012-10-06 09:46:42 - a1

This happens if it is a compound clip, a single clip, with it's own imported connected audio, audio removed, or any configuration you can think of. I simply can not use X2Pro Audio convert to send my audio tracks to pro tools at all anymore. This is frustrating as i spent 100 bucks on a program that is now worthless.

Here are screen shots of the clip on the timeline, the error, the audio config for that clip.

Running OSX Lion 10.7.5
FCP X 10.0.6
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Marth.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #296 by graeme robinson
If C300 clips are imported to an FCP X event using Canon's XF tool and FCP X 10.0.5, they will cause a problems when a project is exported as an FCPXML from FCP X 10.0.5 OR 10.0.6

This does not appear to affect C300 clips that were imported to an FCP X event using Canon's XF tool and FCP X 10.0.6.

If some C300 clips were imported using Canon's XF tool and FCP X 10.0.5, a more simple workaround than suggested below is:
  1. Leave the clips in the FCP X event, but move the mov files from the event folder on the hard disk to another folder (e.g. desktop). This should make all the clips in the event go offline.
  2. Relink all the clips in the event to the mov files in their new location
Once those clips are back online, an FCPXML export should work as expected and X2Pro will be able to process it.

• Chris Steele
  • Chris Steele's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #261 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: Unable to parse FCP XML file
This message indicates that the fcpxml refers to more tracks in a piece of media than exist in the source file. This is a known issue in FCP X.

You can verify that the fcpxml is the cause of this problem, by loading the fcpxml back into FCP X and looking at the named media on the timeline. You will see that one or more of its channels are black. This indicates that FCP X cannot find that channel.

We have heard of this happening in particular with Canon EOS C300 files, but it may happen with other media files too.

The only solution appears to be:
1. delete the media described by <asset name> from the project,
2. import it again,
3. rebuild that part of your timeline,
4. re-export the fcpxml.

Doing so may then reveal another piece of media which causes the same problem. Unfortunately the only solution is to continue to deal with each one as described above until the fcpxml passes through X2Pro without a problem.
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Chris Steele.

• Chris Steele
  • Chris Steele's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #260 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele created the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file
X2Pro produces an error message "Unable to parse FCP XML file" like the attached screenshot that ends with:

Details:
Invalid track number <track number> referencing asset <asset name>

Attachment ScreenShot.png.png not found

Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Chris Steele.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds