Can't convert Final Cut XML to AAF

• Fred
  • Fred's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #752 by Fred
Fred replied the topic: Can't convert Final Cut XML to AAF
Tested the export by replacing the original file with the optimized media from FCPX and it's working fine... So apparently it has something to do with the file format or the codec?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fred
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #751 by Fred
Fred replied the topic: Can't convert Final Cut XML to AAF
I don't see the console log attachment so I will try with a .txt extension.
Attachments:

• Fred
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #750 by Fred
Fred created the topic: Can't convert Final Cut XML to AAF
Hello!

With the LE version I had a couple of error messages regarding the conversion to an AAF file.
The only workaround I had found was to disable the clips and it would produce the AAF file. Evidently not what I want.
Since I saw that the interesting option was greyed out, I bought the Pro version. But it did not solve the issue. So it's a little annoying to say the least.

Basically there are a few files that were problematic and led to errors in the processing. Although I don't know what it's going to look like under Pro Tools, the solution I found is to export the audio of the problematic clips to an AAC version and replace the audio track in the same TC. The video is of the original file, the audio is the AAC exported version.

Result is a successful creation of the AAF file. Hence the question: what is the use of the option under Media Handling that lets me think that the AAF file will be created even if there are error messages?

Attached you will find the fcpxml files (#1 is the original, #6 the final working one with the AAC versions of the audio track and #7 the #6 but with one of the faulty audio tracks imported again giving me an error). The faulty clips are between TC 03:01:19 and 03:21:18 in the compound clip.
Also attached is the console log.
Below is the copy/paste of the error message from X2 Pro.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Fred

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [Dépôt de bilan mercredi probablement pour Virgin [H.264 240p~360p] universal] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [Dépôt de bilan mercredi probablement pour Virgin [H.264 240p~360p] universal]
Adding audio data to AAF file
Adding Sample Data
Creating Essence Data Objects
Wrong number of data buffers (2) passed to Add Sample Data (expected 4)
Error code: 0x1

No AAF file has been generated.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds