Audio delay/echo issue

• audiochick
  • audiochick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #835 by audiochick
audiochick created the topic: Audio delay/echo issue
I imported audio into Pro Tools HD9 from an AAF and ran into an issue that I'm hoping someone can help with. The original video clips have two audio tracks - boom on Ch. 1 & lav on Ch. 2. The audio played fine in FCP X. When I imported from the AAF everything looked as I'd expected, but upon soloing either of the channels it sounds like it is offsetting one channel & combining it, so I hear a delay or echo. Channel 1 still sounds more like the boom and channel 2 still sounds more like the lav. I tried importing from that AAF into a brand new PT session and had the same problem.

I worked with the editor to try many different ways of exporting the xml from FCP X but to no avail. We even turned off the 2nd channel, because I was planning to use only channel 1. We tested various channel configurations and pan settings, all with the same results.

We suspect it is something between the xml file & X2Pro. The editor also took the same xml file and used Xto7 for Final Cut Pro (v1.1.24) to open the session in FCP 7. He then exported an OMF. Upon importing from that OMF, my audio was as expected - two discrete and clear audio channels with no delay/echo. We also compared the xml to other xmls that have generated AAFs with no issues and couldn't see anything that may be the cause of this.

Any clue as to what's happening or other things we can try? Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm attaching the xml file. I can send a short clip via MP3 comparing the AAF audio & the source if you'd like to hear what's happening.

Tech specs are below.
video editing computer:
FCP X v10.0.9
X2Pro v2.2
Mac OS X v10.8.5

audio computer:
Pro Tools HD 9 v9.0.6
Mac OS X v10.7.5
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by audiochick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds