Complete uninstall / user file locations

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 weeks ago #1047 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Complete uninstall / user file locations
Good point. I had assumed that because the application was sandboxed, that all the configuration files were inside the app, but it looks like that is not the case.

There are some other related files in ~/Library/Containers/com.MarquisBroadcast.X2Pro-Audio-Convert/ or ~/Library/Containers/com.MarquisBroadcast.X2ProLE-Audio-Convert/

I have tried deleting that folder, and my X2Pro settings were gone when I launched the app. Deleting the folder seems to have no detrimental effect on my system, but those folders are managed by the Apple frameworks, not directly by our app, so only delete them if you know what you are doing.

Standard advice for uninstalling app-store apps is to just delete the app bundle. If you do decide to delete the folder yourself, we take no responsibility for any negative consequences.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1046 by mike
mike replied the topic: Complete uninstall / user file locations
There isnt a plist file or something that sticks around? Why does the app remember all the previous settings after being removed and reinstalled?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 weeks ago #1045 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Complete uninstall / user file locations
There are no other files (apart from any AAFs that it has created). Deleting the app and then emptying the trash will get rid of it completely.

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #1044 by mike
mike created the topic: Complete uninstall / user file locations
Hello-

I need to do a complete uninstall. What are the files created by x2pro other than the app itself?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds