Problem extracting audio from r3ds fc 10.1.3

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1282 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Problem extracting audio from r3ds fc 10.1.3
I'm downloading it now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• battistella
  • battistella's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1281 by battistella
battistella replied the topic: Problem extracting audio from r3ds fc 10.1.3
file has been uploaded.

• battistella
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1280 by battistella
The file is uploading. This is effing retarded. even if i separate all of the audio (treating it all as tracks and ignoring the r3d) I still can not get a decent file out of FCP X. Shitsticks this is frustrating.

Here is feedback i sent through to Apple.

Folks. Your grade on Audio is a BIG FAT F. I just finished a film, need to do an audio mix HAVE X2PRO, etc. I can not get the audio out of this software in any tangible way. The XML's can not be read by X2Pro, the R3D embedded audio can not be extracted. I am at my wits end. I have broken out all of the audio from the picture, created a project with completely seperate Audio and video. I can't even open this audio in your own application LOGIC X. The audio workarounds were a "hiccup" that shit is supposed to get fixed. Also, is there an easy way to get all levels normalized "as in back to zero" and remove all temp effects from the audio so that if I export roles (which is a piss poor option) I can get the track to a piece of dedicated software that is meant for mixing audio.

Your grade on AUDIO FOR PROFESSIONALS IS AN F. Get it together.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1279 by Graeme Robinson
David,

If there is no audio in the R3D files, X2Pro doesn't try to extract the audio so it will not have any errors to report. Both of the clips that you uploaded had no audio, so I'm unable to reproduce the error that you are seeing.

It doesn't matter whether the audio is completely silent; If there is any audio at all in the R3D file (that hasn't been disabled in FCP X) X2Pro will try to extract the audio (even if it is silent) and put it into the AAF.

In order to reproduce the error that you are seeing, I need a clip with audio that we know causes the issue on your system. This could be the one I mentioned in my previous post or a smaller clip that has audio and is known to produce the same error in FCP X.
There is no issue with truncating file names. It's just a discrepancy between the file name and the name of the clip in FCP X.

The FCPXML never references proxy media, it always points to the original source media. This is probably because the proxy media is only used so that users can edit very high resolution media on systems that would struggle with editing the full resolution media in real-time; it's not intended to be used outside of the editing application (FCP X).
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• battistella
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1278 by battistella
Oh. And all the filename. I think it's fcp x that is truncating the filename in the XML by loping off the extension. This is most likely done for a reason as the project probably references the proxy media.

Mention to the apple folks that we'd like a choice to be able to go with the rendered audio from the proxy media or extract back from the r3d. It might make things much simpler.

Battistella

• battistella
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1277 by battistella
Hi Graeme.

The clip does have both channels enabled but not audio was plugged into the channels so the audio tracks are black. We were shooting double system for parts of this shoot. Maybe x2pro is seeing empty tracks and thus not exporting any audio. I can sen you a small piece of the clip.

Battistella.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1276 by Graeme Robinson
David,

The screenshot of the error refers to a clip called "V002_C018_071586" which, when looked up in the FCPXML, is a RED file called "V002_C018_071586_001.R3D" from the folder "/*R3D_SECOND SAFE/VANGELO/T002_071459/T002_071459.RDM/V002_C018_071586.RDC/" on the drive called "SECOND SAFE".

This R3D file has two audio channels, but the two R3D files that you have provided don't have any audio channels. Can you upload the one that I have mentioned above, or is this one too big to upload?

Also I don't think you need should need to do the "junk" renaming trick with the latest version of X2Pro
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• battistella
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1273 by battistella
Should all be there now Graeme.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1269 by Graeme Robinson
Thanks.

I sent you a PM with ftp details.

Let me know when it is ready.

• battistella
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1266 by battistella
Hi Graeme,

It's a hole series of RED dragon r3ds which would mean it's the new sdk for sure. I can send you a five frame r3d, a copy of the XML and the error message, just provide me with a link to upload it.

Many thanks,
Battistella

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1265 by Graeme Robinson
Hi David,

Can you please copy/paste the error message and include your fcpxml. Would you also be able to upload the RED clip so that we can take a look at it?

We have had a report from another user of X2Pro where they had problems extracting audio from a RED file, and we think his problem might be be because the clip can only be read by a newer version of the RED SDK than the one that X2Pro uses. We are planning to implement the newer SDK soon, so are hoping the problem will be fixed for him then. It's possible that you have the same issue, but we would need to look at the RED clip to be sure.

• battistella
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 7 months ago #1263 by battistella
battistella created the topic: Problem extracting audio from r3ds fc 10.1.3
Hi Graeme,

I am having problems extracting audio from r3d files again. Even if I use the >junk renaming trick the r3ds can not be read.

Battistella

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds