Many Issues

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1730 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: [TS5027 & TS5028] Many Issues
Your auditions are all called "R18_S54_S21_T1"

Unfortunately I don't know of an easy workflow for finding and finalising all the auditions in a project.

You can look in the timeline index for clips with the audition symbol (visible in the previously attached "2Auditionsincompoundclip.png") but this list doesn't show the clips that are used in compound clips unless you have specifically opened the compound clip in the timeline.

The best way I can see is to look at clips around the timecode mentioned by X2Pro. If there are compound clips around that time, then check inside those too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nruyle
  • nruyle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1729 by nruyle
nruyle replied the topic: [TS5027 & TS5028] Many Issues
Can you tell me the names of the clips? Is there any way to do some kind of overall render of these audition clips? Is there any indication I can see in Final Cut which clips these are. I see that an audition clip has a special symbol but is this not indicated when it is part of a compound clip?

This is reminiscence of the old Final Cut in that disabled clips would cause output errors but there was an easy way for us to see those and deal with them. What is the workflow for mitigating these issues?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1727 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: [TS5027 & TS5028] Many Issues

nruyle wrote: So I've finally got a working export on XLM output #37 by deleting that last audio file. What an ordeal. Im still really curious about that audition clip issue. I still have that section of the timeline that would not export.

After manually editing the FCPXML, I managed to import your MASTER_111714_TRIBECA.fcpxml and have found 4 unfinalised auditions in your project. I have attached screen grabs of all 4
  • 2 were in the main storyline ("2 Auditions in main storyline.png")
  • 2 were in a compound clip in the main storyline ("Compound clip on main storyline containing 2 auditions.png" and "2 Auditions in compound clip.png")

I'm still investigating the MP3 issue
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Graeme Robinson. Reason: Adding internal ticket numbers to subject

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1723 by nruyle
nruyle replied the topic: Many Issues
So I've finally got a working export on XLM output #37 by deleting that last audio file. What an ordeal. Im still really curious about that audition clip issue. I still have that section of the timeline that would not export.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1722 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Many Issues

nruyle wrote: It's give me an error on reimport also.

I'm not familiar with the XML implementation with FCx. Im currently on 10.1.4. Is this some kind of bug in Final Cut.

It looks like it could be; FCP X should be able to re-import it's own XMLs, but this isn't the first time we've seen it reject them. Normally X2Pro is much more tolerant that FCP X.

nruyle wrote: It plays fine in QT 7:

www.dropbox.com/s/lp2gepwrqjx439u/curtain%20bounce%204.mp3?dl=0

Same for me here, though I dropped it in a project on its own here and X2Pro converted that just fine. I'll continue to investigate.

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1721 by nruyle
In terms of audition clips I've dug around in the timeline at the time listed and there is nothing showing up as an audition clip. However when I delete all the media in that area is moves past that error. Is there some work around for forcing a reference to the original media that can render some hidden audition clip. I tried the duplicate from original command on all the clips in that area and then finalized them but it was still throwing the same errors.

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1720 by nruyle
It's give me an error on reimport also.

I'm not familiar with the XML implementation with FCx. Im currently on 10.1.4. Is this some kind of bug in Final Cut.
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1719 by Graeme Robinson

nruyle wrote: Here is the original output with the audition errors:

The following errors were found:
• Unfinalized audition found at 00:35:56.12. Please finalize all auditions before exporting Final Cut XML.
• Unfinalized audition found at 00:35:18.07. Please finalize all auditions before exporting Final Cut XML.
• Unfinalized audition found at 00:35:29.38. Please finalize all auditions before exporting Final Cut XML.

I was hoping to open the FCPXML in FCP X and find the auditions, but FCP X reports errors when importing it and fails to import it. Are you able to re-import it?

I opened the FCPXML in TextEdit and I can see more than one audition listed.

I'll continue to try to find a way of opening it in FCP X...

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1718 by nruyle

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1716 by Graeme Robinson

nruyle wrote: Understood but my thinking is that if that I have both these settings enables it would convert or move past the audio. Is this not the case?

You are correct; that should work.

The error message about "curtain bounce 4" is basically saying that X2Pro is unable to extract the audio from the clip with that name which is an MP3 file on a disk called "CURTAIN_PADDY" in the folder "CURTAIN/MUSIC/SkerrittBounces/"

Are you able to play that MP3 file in QuickTime player 7 (not QT Player X)? If it's not already on your system, you can get QuickTime Player 7 from support.apple.com/kb/DL923

Would you be able to upload that file to our FTP site so that we can take a look at it here? I can provide FTP details to the email address that you registered when you signed up to the forum.

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1715 by nruyle
Here is the original output with the audition errors:

The following errors were found:
• Unfinalized audition found at 00:35:56.12. Please finalize all auditions before exporting Final Cut XML.
• Unfinalized audition found at 00:35:18.07. Please finalize all auditions before exporting Final Cut XML.
• Unfinalized audition found at 00:35:29.38. Please finalize all auditions before exporting Final Cut XML.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nruyle.

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1714 by nruyle
X2Pro does support extracting audio from MP3 files. What was the error message? You may have got an error message if you were trying to reference audio, and had X2Pro set to "Generate an error" when "handling media that can't be referenced". See www.x2pro.net/referencing-audio.html for more info on referencing media and associated options/limitations.

Understood but my thinking is that if that I have both these settings enables it would convert or move past the audio. Is this not the case?
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by nruyle.

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1713 by nruyle

File Attachment:

File Name: MASTER_121...3.fcpxml
File Size:4,287 KB
Attachments:

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1712 by Graeme Robinson

nruyle wrote: I am seeing tons of errors with this app. The first set of issues was related to non existent audition clips. The only way i could get past that was to delete a full minute of footage and audio from the timeline. I guess I will be exporting that sectional manually.

If you attach your FCPXML that causes this issue I can take a look at it.

nruyle wrote: Second issue is that it would not export an MP3 file so I deleted that.

X2Pro does support extracting audio from MP3 files. What was the error message? You may have got an error message if you were trying to reference audio, and had X2Pro set to "Generate an error" when "handling media that can't be referenced". See http://www.x2pro.net/referencing-audio.html for more info on referencing media and associated options/limitations.

nruyle wrote: Now it gets through the parse without errors until this

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [curtain bounce 4] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [curtain bounce 4]
Adding audio data to AAF file
Adding Sample Data
Creating Essence Data Objects

Error code: 0x80000005

No AAF file has been generated.

Can you please attach the FCPXML file that that causes this issue so that we can investigate

nruyle wrote: This is hands down the worst export experience I have ever had in an app and I have done this for a long time in almost every editor. As a decision maker at an institution which could potentially purchase hundreds of these licenses, at this point I couldn't possible recommend this application.

I'm sorry to hear that. Most users don't have any problems using X2Pro and we do receive a lot of positive feedback, but of course, it won't always go smoothly for everyone. Hopefully we can get you up and running quickly when we have the FCPXMLs to look at.
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Graeme Robinson.

• nruyle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 4 months ago #1711 by nruyle
nruyle created the topic: Many Issues
I am seeing tons of errors with this app. The first set of issues was related to non existent audition clips. The only way i could get past that was to delete a full minute of footage and audio from the timeline. I guess I will be exporting that sectional manually.

Second issue is that it would not export an MP3 file so I deleted that.

Now it gets through the parse without errors until this

Writing AAF file
Adding assets to AAF file
Adding essence for asset [curtain bounce 4] to AAF file
Adding essence data to AAF file for portion 0 of asset [curtain bounce 4]
Adding audio data to AAF file
Adding Sample Data
Creating Essence Data Objects

Error code: 0x80000005

No AAF file has been generated.

Please advise.

This is hands down the worst export experience I have ever had in an app and I have done this for a long time in almost every editor. As a decision maker at an institution which could potentially purchase hundreds of these licenses, at this point I couldn't possible recommend this application.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds