"Discard disabled clips" doesn't work

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 10 months ago #2173 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: "Discard disabled clips" doesn't work
  • With "discard disabled clips" turned on, X2Pro will not embed the audio in the AAF, or put the clip on the timeline in the AAF.
  • With "discard disabled clips" turned off, X2Pro will embed the audio in the AAF, and will put the clip on the timeline in the AAF, but it will set the volume to -96db.
This is true for clips that have been disabled on the timeline (using the "V" key) and for tracks that have been disabled in the inspector panel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jeansemeur
  • jeansemeur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2172 by jeansemeur
jeansemeur created the topic: "Discard disabled clips" doesn't work
Hey,
I'm writing a chapter about the round trip between FCP X and Protools via X2Pro for the french document that can be seen here
martingosset.com

Making différents test, i have in my timeline four time the same multicam clip with an unique video (from a 5DII with its audio) and 3 audio files from 3 différents recorder (SONY, ZOOM H4 and TASCAM). So this clips groups the audio of the 5D and the 3 other.
I tried to understand what is considered by X2Pro as "disabled clip".
The first question is if disabling audio via INSPECTOR is considered as well as disabling it via the "v" shortcut in the Timeline.
(in the XML, there is a "enabled=0" mention for the first and a "mute start=..." line for the second)
I mad an xml for those tests with 4 time the same multicam clip in the timeline (With FCP X.2 and in the 1.4 version of XML during the export)

File Attachment:

File Name: XMLWITHTHE...S.fcpxml
File Size:15 KB

Clip 1 : all is activated
Clip 2: i've disabled the 5D audio componente via INSPECTOR (the result is an "enabled=0" mention in the XML)
Clip 3: i've disabled the 5D audio componente via the "V" short cut in the timeline (the result is a "mute start=..." line in the XML)
Cilp 4: i've disabled only a part of the the 5D audio via the "V" short cut in the timeline (the result is a "mute start=..." line in the XML)

The first AAF is the result with the "Discard disabled clips" option activated in the X2Pro Préférence.

File Attachment:

File Name: AAF_01with...tion.aaf
File Size:1,486 KB

The second one is the result result with the "Discard disabled clips" option desactivated in the X2Pro Préférence

File Attachment:

File Name: AAF_02with...tion.aaf
File Size:1,486 KB

As you can see in Protools there is no différences between the first and the second.

My first conclusion is that whatever is choosed for the "Discard disabled clips" option in X2Pro, the audio component that have been disabled via INSPECTOR in FCP X is always rejected by X2Pro. The second one is whatever is choosed for the "Discard disabled clips" option in X2Pro, the component disabled via the "V" Shortcut in the fCP X timeline is always present in the Protool timeline.
Could you help me to understand something to this.

(sorry for my english)

Martin Gosset
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by jeansemeur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds