Pro Tools sessions keep crashing

More
6 years 11 months ago #5272 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Pro Tools sessions keep crashing
Hi KP,

Can you attach one of XML's where the sub roles are not filtered that causes the crash in PT and can you confirm the version of PT you are using.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kpsound
  • kpsound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #5271 by kpsound
kpsound created the topic: Pro Tools sessions keep crashing
Every time I create an AAF with X2Pro and open with Pro Tools, I get the following error message:

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/200028/ProTools/NewFileLibs/FF/Audio/FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 1104.

After this the session crashes. It's a know issue apparently - I found this on the X2Pro website:

Pro Tools 12.7 crashing when importing AAF when sub roles are filtered (6971)
PT 12.7 errors on import with “Could not complete your request because assertion in “/Volumes/XXXX/YYYY/ZZZZ/FF_AudioFile.cpp” line 1100”
Occurs in PT 12.7 only when sub roles are filtered
The same sequences in PT 12.4 and 12.2 have no issue whether roles are excluded or not
The issue has been raised with Avid

The issue occurs for me even when I have all roles selected. Surely this is something that must be dealt with urgently by Marquis, since the main use of X2Pro is to send audio to Pro Tools, yet if you're using the latest Pro Tools version, you're cooked! It seems crazy to sell an app for $150, and it doesn't work properly!

Can anyone help please?
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by kpsound.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds