Unable to Parse FCP XML File

• tangierc
  • tangierc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8680 by tangierc
tangierc replied the topic: Unable to Parse FCP XML File
There must be something else going on. I deleted every instance of those clips, and exported another XML and X2Pro still could not parse the document.

File Attachment:

File Name: Anxious-TC...xmld.zip
File Size:1,066 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tangierc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8679 by tangierc
With the help of someone in the Final Cut Pro community, they told me which files were having the problem. See my list below.
I then went into the Finder, found all of those problem files, then converted them to WAV files and one Apple ProRes file.
Next I relinked those problem files in the FCP project library to these new files I created. This was successful.
I exported a new XML on the project only, without issue. Sadly FCP doesn't validate the XML on export.
When attempting to test this XML in X2Pro it came up with the same errors as my last XML.
I also could not import this new XML inside FCP.

I could use some assistance. I am attaching the new XML that still doesn't work.

File Attachment:

File Name: Anxious-TC...xmld.zip
File Size:1,072 KB
Attachments:

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8676 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to Parse FCP XML File
This is something which we have seen intermittently with recent versions of FCPX, the XML file is invalid and can't be parsed properly. If FCPX throws up errors with clips we can't process it. In some cases a small change to the project and re-exporting the xml will work.

• tangierc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8675 by tangierc
This XML was generated by Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 . I selected the project (timeline) in the browser and simply exported XML. I tried both 1.9 and 1.10 versions.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8673 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Unable to Parse FCP XML File
Dear Tangierc,

Have tried here and cannot import either XML back into FCPX cleanly, they are bad. Please see attached. How did you create the XML originally ? Has it been processed by any 3rd party software ?

Yours Sincerely

James
Attachments:

• tangierc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8671 by tangierc
Hello James. I just attempted to bring the first XML I made back in and I get these errors shown below, although nothing seems wrong with my timeline or playback of it. I had to clean this up a bit to copy/paste it here, but I'll also include an image for reference

Anxious-TC Cut 5-Locked Picture for Teams.fcpxml
Invalid edit with no respective media. (/fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/asset-clip[17])

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/asset-clip[23]/clip[3]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[383]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[383]/clip[3]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[383]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[385]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[446]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[449]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[450]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[452]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[453]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[455]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[457]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[458]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[460]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[460]/clip[3]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[463]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/gap[57]/clip[3]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[507]/asset-clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[510]/asset-clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[513]/asset-clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/sync-clip[514]/asset-clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[726]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)

Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/clip[726]/clip[3]/@tcFormat)
Attachments:

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8670 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Unable to Parse FCP XML File
Dear Tangierc,

Do you see any errors if you try to re-import the FCPXMLD's back into your FCPX ?

Thanks.

• tangierc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8669 by tangierc
tangierc created the topic: Unable to Parse FCP XML File
Hello X2Pro team. Is there a contact for getting support?

I am getting a parsing error that I cannot resolve and have never had happen when using X2Pro on past projects.
  1. Config: M2 Mac MacBook Pro / FCP 10.6.5 / macOS Ventura 13.4
    Project is feature length
    I've tried FCPXML 1.10 and 1.9

Here's the error:
Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

Details:
Calculating Boxing
Extracting Audio
Extracting audio
Getting retiming from time map
Processing Asset Clip element
Processing element AssetClipElement
Processing element ProjectElement
Processing element SequenceElement
Processing element SpineElement
Trying to get retiming with 0 duration.

Suggestions:
- Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
- Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
- Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of a Library or Event;
- Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.14

File Attachment:

File Name: ProjectXML...ions.zip
File Size:2,206 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds