Sync & leveling issues

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #8760 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Sync & leveling issues
Hi Caleb,

Looking at the AAF in ProTools, all the start times match (see attached). I don't have access to Logic, so can you detail a specific section where you see the issue please.

Many thanks

James
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by James Carrick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crpaul
  • crpaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 4 weeks ago #8759 by crpaul
crpaul replied the topic: Sync & leveling issues
Oops! I tried the FTP but the link didn't work for some reason. Here's the XML and log x2pro gave me. AAF is too big to attach here. Thanks again for your help!

Caleb
Attachments:

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #8758 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Sync & leveling issues
Hi Caleb
We cannot download the XML or AAF, most important is the XML. If you cannot attach the XML to this thread I will forward details of an ftp site for you to upload it to please.

Yours Sincerely

James

• crpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 1 day ago #8757 by crpaul
crpaul replied the topic: Sync & leveling issues
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response! Here is the XML, the AAF, and the report: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p9MhHicf_b_QJDeLGXcSOjrKAh8XVFX8?usp=sharing

Am I correct that X2Pro won't translate the db level I've set for SFX within Final Cut? I've attached a screenshot of my Final Cut timeline for reference and what I see in Logic when I bring in the AAF.

For example, in the third screenshot, you can see that the track "Castle Byers" is playing underneath the dialogue for scene 5. In the fourth screenshot (my Final Cut timeline), you can see they're separate as they should be.

Appreciate your help!

Caleb

More
6 months 1 day ago #8756 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Sync & leveling issues
Caleb,
it is quite hard to know what may have gone wrong without a bit more information, would you be able to provide us with the XML and the AAF along with a few screen grab or other pointers to show where the problems are please? We can then take a look at the 2 and work out why X2Pro hasn't done what you expect.

Tim.

• crpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 months 1 day ago #8755 by crpaul
crpaul created the topic: Sync & leveling issues
Hi!

I just picture locked my film and we're getting ready to do a 5.1 mix. I edited it in Final Cut. When I exported the XML, ran it through X2pro, and brought it into logic to test the AAF everything was out of sync and the audio levels were not preserved, both things I thought x2pro would fix? Would love some help/advice/guidance. Thanks.

Caleb

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds