Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information - weird glitch

More
4 months 1 day ago #8796 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information - weird glitch
Caleb,
glad you were able to track down a way around the problem, I may pin this thread to help others. Always happy to try to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crpaul
  • crpaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 day ago #8794 by crpaul
crpaul replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information - weird glitch
Hi Tim,

Wow - I solved it last night! The key was copy and pasting the project into a new project & library and XML'ing out of that. Worked like a charm! I saw a post on here where someone said if a project gets updated through final cut too many times it can mess it up...thought I'd let you know so if someone has this problem in the future, you can help them too. Thank you for your help!

Caleb

More
4 months 2 days ago #8793 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information - weird glitch
If you want us to take a look at anything then initially a screenshot of part of the FCPX timeline which is not correct in the AAF and a Protools screenshot of the same part of the timeline may help as we can take a look at the same part of the XML and see whether there is anything obviously wrong with the conversion between XML and AAF.

• crpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 days ago #8792 by crpaul
crpaul replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information - weird glitch
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response - makes sense re: X2Pro5 "errors"! When bringing it into ProTools, most of the SFX and music comes in but we lose a lot of the production sound for some reason. No clips in the fcp project have effects, I removed all storylines, etc. Don't see why there would be a problem. Thank you for your help!

Caleb

More
4 months 2 days ago #8791 by TimRobson
Your initial assessment that the XML has a problem is not quite right, the messages about DF TC Format just indicate that the project is NDF but there are DF elements where this is not expected. The 'errors' in X2Pro5 are also just information about how some clips and sub-roles have been arranged in the AAF. Have you checked whether the AAF produced by X2Pro5 is as expected?

• crpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 days ago #8790 by crpaul
Plus, after running it through X2Pro5, I get these errors at the end:
Attachments:

• crpaul
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 days ago #8789 by crpaul
crpaul created the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information - weird glitch
Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to bring my XML into X2Pro:

Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

Suggestions:
- Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
- Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
- Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of a Library or Event;
- Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.16

What's weird is that I DON'T get this error when bringing it into X2Pro5, it works just fine.

But when trying to bring the fcpxml back into final cut, I get the following errors:

Info.fcpxml Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/gap[2]/clip[1]/@tcFormat)
Info.fcpxml Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/gap[2]/clip[2]/@tcFormat)
Info.fcpxml Encountered an unexpected value. (tcFormat="DF": /fcpxml[1]/library[1]/event[1]/project[1]/sequence[1]/spine[1]/gap[2]/clip[4]/@tcFormat)

So it must be a problem with the XML, right? I've attached it below. I need a working turnover via either version of X2Pro, but my sound mixer and I have been having troubles with the AAF, and I'm wondering if the glitch with X2Pro is happening with X2Pro5 too, it's just not showing up? I would appreciate any help on this, thank you!

Caleb
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds