Consolidated Libraries

More
6 years 8 months ago #5657 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Consolidated Libraries
Dear Nick,

We still use absolute paths, it has not yet been decided by Product Management to implement Relative paths.

Yours Sincerely.

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #5656 by nick314
nick314 replied the topic: Consolidated Libraries
Is this still the case, because PluralEyes can do it, why not you?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5340 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Consolidated Libraries
Did you move the consolidated project that Worx4 X created before you imported the FCPXML?

Paths to media files in the fcpxml that Worx4 X creates are absolute paths, so if you move the media files, the paths are no longer valid. Relinking in X2Pro works around this, but it shouldn't happen if you don't move the media files after consolidation.

There is an existing feature request to use relative paths in the fcpxml that Worx4 X creates so it wouldn't be a problem then if the media files were moved, as long as the FCPXML stays with them.

• bobmax48
  • bobmax48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5338 by bobmax48
bobmax48 replied the topic: Consolidated Libraries
I had decided to consolidate projects that were finished and need to be archived. Today I had one project that was imported from the FCPX XML and all of the clips were missing. I only had to relink the copied over files but I thought it was strange that Worx4 wrote back an XML that did not see the files.

• bobmax48
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5309 by bobmax48
bobmax48 replied the topic: Consolidated Libraries
yes I was able to drag the assets into an event. At first the assets were just pointing to the files in another location. Once I consolidated the files into the Library then all of the files were moved. Also all of the assets are now seen in the browser.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #5306 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Consolidated Libraries
This is down to how FCP X behaves when it imports the fcpxml and it is unfortunately out of our control. FCP X library spec is not published by apple so creating libraries is not something we will be doing, at least in the near future.

Can you bring all your clips into the library after importing the fcpxml by dragging and dropping all the clips in the consolidated folder into the FCP X event?

• bobmax48
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 11 months ago #5302 by bobmax48
bobmax48 created the topic: Consolidated Libraries
What is the best workflow after trimming the media with Worx4X? Right now I am creating a new library and loading the Worx4 X xml into the library. All of the trimmed media is in the new folder written by Worx4 but when I load the xml into the new Library all I see is the project in FCPX's browser. If I then consolidate to move all of the media to the Library all of the media goes into the Library but I still do not see any of the media in an event or in the Smart Collection - All Video. Everything is in the project so I have lost nothing but I thought that maybe an event would have been made that shows the trimmed clips and other assets.

One feature I would like to see is that Worx4X will offer to create a new library to load in the trimmed media.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds