ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #4096 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED
It certainly should be ignored and just noted that the retiming is not support, but still create the AAF if the retiming is not applied to a compound clip.
In order for us to better the product and fix these bugs, would you please provide your FCPXML from the project before you rendered the file and edited it back in.
Then we can take a look at trying to fix this issue.

Many thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4094 by ltommasin976
ltommasin976 replied the topic: ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED
Hi Jeremy,

i think i manage to solve the problem. That message was related to a track that i forgot i time-reversed during the editing. It was not in a compound clip. It was an individual track. That's why i was surprised, because i understood that x2pro insert these tracks anyway in the AAf..not reversed of course.Anyway, I opened a new project and paste that track, exported in wav, re-imported and substitute it in the timeline. It worked. Thanks for you support.
L

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4093 by Jeremy Norwood
Try this on your original project to see if that works for you:
You can break apart a compound clip or a standard clip to convert its contents to individual clips in the Timeline.
Select a compound clip or a standard clip in the Timeline, and choose Clip > Break Apart Clip Items (or press Shift-Command-G).
Final Cut Pro replaces the clip selected in the Timeline with the individual items that made up the clip.

In relation to the test you tried overnight, I will need your FCPXML to investigate.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jeremy Norwood.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4090 by ltommasin976
forgot the attachment..

but this is the message:

Writing AAF file
Adding tracks to AAF file
Writing AAF track structure
Processing clip
Adding clip from source channel 1 to track 114
The clip starting at 2020.6 seconds in the project has an end point within its referenced asset [Kemet.1] of 43330 edit units but the asset only has a length of 42902 edit units

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 3.0.13
Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #4089 by ltommasin976
Hi,

i tried what i suggested before. please, find attached the new error..which didn't give the oaf file again. i really need help on this..i should give the file to the sound designer.

thanks and i hope we will find a solution!

L

More
7 years 9 months ago #4088 by ltommasin976
Ok , thanks..i read that answer and i tried it but didn't worked out. I'm sorry if i didn't explain much better the procedures in the previous post. I'll explain what is the situation now and i'll suggest some solutions, just tell me if these might works.

1- i have 7 audio/compound clips, retimed (reversed to be precise). Would it works if i take each of the 7 retimed clips, export each one of them as wav files, re-import them and substitute them? i'm suggesting this solution because inside the compound clips there are audio detached from Multicam clips.

2- i have several video/compound clips. i detached the audio..but it seems, with x2pro, the problem on audio related to compound clips remains. Does that mean that i have to go inside the compound clip , detach the audio and delete them in order to overpass the problem?

Thanks again and i'll try anyway these 2 solutions and 'll send you a feedback..

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #4084 by Jeremy Norwood
My colleagues response to the prior user topic should work for you as well:
"The only problems listed in your attachment are retimed compound clips. If you change the compound clips that are listed into retimed non-compound clips, you will be able to convert your project.

X2Pro can convert a project that contains retimed clips, but not retimed compound clips. When X2Pro encounters a retimed (non-compound) clip, it will put it in the AAF at it's original speed, but this can be fixed in the Audio editing system."

Give that a go and let us know how you get along.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4083 by ltommasin976
Hi,

i just encountered the same problem. I bought x2pro few days ago and does not give me an AAF.

I received these messages..

The point is that, on the roles, i disabled the compound clips. The, you suggested to delete the compound clips...but are you referring to the audio/compound clips?..because looking at the timecode x2pro is giving me, on the timeline there's only a video/compind clip...without audio. Yes, it's retimed..but it's just audio. And i exported the xml as audio, not general..

Is because of the compound clips that is not giving me the AAF file?

Thanks a lot!!

Ps...if need i'm attaching the xml..
Attachments:

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #4025 by Jeremy Norwood
please zip and attach your FCPXML for us to look at,please.
Also, provide me with your OS X version and any media locations that you have setup in the user preferences.

Many thanks.

• editor
  • editor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 9 months ago #4024 by editor
editor replied the topic: ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED
Hi!
Unfortunally it didnt happen.

Heres the message
:(
Attachments:

• editor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 9 months ago #4023 by editor
editor replied the topic: ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED
HI!
Thanks, it took a lot of time to go trough all of them...but it seems is working. Converting now!
Finger cross...

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #4022 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED
The only problems listed in your attachment are retimed compound clips. If you change the compound clips that are listed into retimed non-compound clips, you will be able to convert your project.

X2Pro can convert a project that contains retimed clips, but not retimed compound clips. When X2Pro encounters a retimed (non-compound) clip, it will put it in the AAF at it's original speed, but this can be fixed in the Audio editing system.

If this won't work for you and you really need a refund, you will have to contact Apple, because that is who you bought it from.

• editor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 9 months ago #4021 by editor
editor created the topic: ERRORS - RETIMING IS NOT SUPPORTED
I havent been able to convert my 35minutes projects because it doesn't allow retiming (basicly all the interviews were retimed because the people were talking really slow), neither compound clips, equalizations and loudness. Any solution? Can I have my money back?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds