• Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 10 months ago #4182 by countrymatters
countrymatters replied the topic: Invalid track layout error
I tried to but when I do, I get the following error:

Error
Attachment file size exceed limit allowed by configuration

suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #4176 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: Invalid track layout error
Andrew,

Would you be able to provide your FCPXML for any of the instances where it gave you the invalid track error.
I can test to verify in my system that it is something that is resolved in the latest OS.

Many thanks.

More
7 years 10 months ago #4172 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Invalid track layout error
Dear Andrew,

Sorry to read about your issues, there is an outstanding development request (6049) to force creation of an AAF, leaving out any media that cannot be read from the source (for whatever reason) and providing a sidecar file with details of all the missing clips in the AAF. I will chase Product management and advise.

Yours Sincerely

James.

• countrymatters
  • countrymatters's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 10 months ago #4169 by countrymatters
countrymatters created the topic: Invalid track layout error
Hi,

I understand from the Upgrade to OS X 10.11.4 post that the problem I experienced will be fixed if I upgrade to that version of the OS. Is there no way to fix these issues in OS 10.10.5? (the version I'm using).

I'm using Protools version 11.3.2 and it does everything I want it to and is very stable on this OS - and of course PT 11 is not officially supported by AVID for use in Mac OS 10.11.4.. I don't want to upgrade to PT12 mostly because it's a rip off, but also because it doesn't add anything compelling for my needs - but I digress.

I was in a panic yesterday trying to figure out this problem - as I had to get the audio mix and final programme out that day. I fixed the issue after an hour of messing with my timeline, but as I said, I had to get this done, so there's no way I was going to have time to post for support here in the middle of it.. In an effort to find the problem (after the fact and not under any pressure) - here are the errors::

An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF

Invalid track layout for asset C003C030_1604097I

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 3.0.13

First, I checked to see if the audio was playing properly in the timeline (it was). Then I detached and deleted the audio track thinking that surely, that would fix it since it would no longer reference it, and how can the "track layout" be invalid if it doesn't exist!. Reexported the XML - same error. So, I deleted the clip on the timeline, and replaced it with a gap - Exported another XML - that worked, then on to the next error....

An error occurred converting Final Cut XML to AAF

Invalid track layout for asset C004C010_160409W4

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 3.0.13

So, I did the same thing.... basically, this continued until I worked through all the problematic clips until I had an XML that would export into an AAF. The timeline was a mix of Panasonic P2 footage, Pro Res, and some Sony MPEG-2 HD 422, and 2 XDCAM clips. The ones that were giving errors were all Sony codecs - the two above were clips shot on a Sony F5 as MPEG 422 - the other errors I had were these:

1. Invalid track layout for asset 20160612_ITU_Leeds_NewsFeed_XDCAM HD

2. Writing AAF file
Adding tracks to AAF file
Writing AAF track structure
Processing clip
Adding clip from source channel 1 to track 18
The clip starting at 2198 seconds in the project has an end point within its referenced asset [YOKO_MC_S001_S001_T003.1] of 21040 edit units but the asset only has a length of 20085 edit units

The only thing I could do was replace the "bad" clips with gaps and continue until the madness ended - eventually, I got there, but I don't have to go through this again which is why I'm posting..

I've tried to attached the XML file but it says that it exceeds the file size limit, how can I get it to you?

Once I got a useable AAF file, it imported into PT perfectly - no issues there, but is there no way to have the software give users an option to ignore the errors and continue to export a file with the "good" clips?? For example - "X2Pro has encountered xx errors, no audio will be transferred for those clips, see log for missing elements, continue or abort?"

For me, it's not a problem because I'm the video editor and the sound editor so I would know where to look for those missing pieces but I can understand that a studio delivering to an audio post house couldn't do this without making extensive notes.

My system:
Mac OS X 10.10.5
FCP X 10.2.3
Protools 11.3.2
X2Pro 3.0.13

Thank you for any help/insight you could provide.

Andrew

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds