Audio files disappears in aaf

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #4895 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Audio files disappears in aaf
There is an option to "discard disabled tracks" in X2Pro. Is it possible that you have this turned on when the tracks go missing?
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Graeme Robinson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fevre
  • fevre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 1 month ago #4893 by fevre
fevre replied the topic: Audio files disappears in aaf
I do not understand because I did not sound but now the sound is back in the session protools. I often have this problem in some aaf, are there any options to select when importing in protools?

I had the same problem on 6 movies, Monday I'll find you the AAF and xml of it's movie.
The AAF sound on our server tiger, can the problem come from there?

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4889 by Graeme Robinson
I opened "Sounds not ok.aaf in Pro Tools and it looks fine to me (see attached screenshot).

Can you please try opening it in Pro Tools and check whether that has the same problem as Logic?
Attachments:

• fevre
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #4887 by fevre
Yes this corresponds to my sequence when importing xml into my FCPX project.

I had the same problem on one of my projects today from the beginning of my timeline. The sequence consists of two roles, music in green and dialogue in blue. I noticed that x2pro did not take into account the music roles so I decided to change the role is to put it back into dialogue. I saw that my music came back in protools when I changed the role.

I made you two files one without modification of roles or the start I miss the musics in aaf and the others with modification of roles or my music returned.

It contains the fcpx project, screenshot of logic pro, aaf, xml before and after resolved.
`
Link :https://we.tl/9PfZVnQTe9
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by fevre.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4884 by Graeme Robinson
In that FCPXML, the clip you have selected in the screenshot ("GENERIQUE FACE A FACE" 10:00:21:11-10:00:27:10) has all it's audio disabled when I load it into FCP. Have you tried importing the FCPXML into FCP to check that it looks like the project that you exported?

• fevre
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4882 by fevre
I put a link wetransfer with an aaf or I had a bug to solve the bug, I renamed the role that was in music in dialogue role and suddenly the audio I missed came back. The problem has passed between the tc 00: .22: 00 and 00:27:00.

I put you a screenshot before, after and an xml of the sequence.

Link : we.tl/P3g6nKCu1i

Thank you
Attachments:

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4880 by Jeremy Norwood
Jeremy Norwood replied the topic: Audio files disappears in aaf
Our developers are continuing to look at this and have noticed in the 1.6 XMl that there are several clips that are disabled in the FCP project.
Would you be able to load your 1.6 AAF that got created and tell us wheat exact audio clips are missing and if they have any disabled tracks in FCP?

We look forward to your response.

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4867 by Jeremy Norwood
You do have the ability in the X2Pro user preferences to sort the roles and sub-roles.

Roles are sorted by their name, and then packed into tracks. All the clips with the same role name are packed into as few tracks as possible. This option allows you to choose whether sub-roles of a role are kept separate from each other, or whether they are packed into tracks together. For example, you might have roles called "Music", "Music.A1" and "Music.A2". If you select Keep sub-roles separate, at least 3 tracks will be created and, clips with roles of "Music" and "Music.A1" will never share a track. If you choose to merge sub-roles into parent then it will be possible clips with roles of "Music" and "Music.A1" to share a track. Merge sub-roles into parent will tend to create a denser track layout, whereas Keep sub-roles separate will ensure that each track only ever contains audio clips from one sub-role.

• fevre
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4866 by fevre
Could you have the ability to group sub-roles in X2pro or modify sub-row names without going through FCPX.

thanks

• fevre
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4865 by fevre
thank you,

I did the test with the same xml in 1.5, I have all my sounds in protools so when I did the same test with the xml in 1.6 sounds disappear

• Jeremy Norwood
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #4850 by Jeremy Norwood
We have been able to reproduce this issue in our lab, but in reproducing this noticed that several of the clips that are missing roles and audio configuration.
We believe this is why we are missing the audio, but need our developers to take a look and determine what exactly the problem is.

We will let you know once we have further information.

• fevre
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #4847 by fevre
fevre created the topic: Audio files disappears in aaf
Hello,

I explain a little my situation, I am technical manager with 9 rooms in mounts under fcpx network.

I found that the aaf conversion with X2PRO was disappearing sounds that present it in my timeline. Sometimes the sounds in prottools are visible but there are no sounds inside.

I put you an xml so for example at 00: 35 until 00: 57,, there is normally a way off but is not present in protools.

thank you
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds