• voirememe
  • voirememe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #5296 by voirememe
voirememe replied the topic: Don't "discard disable clips"
Thanks for your response

Graeme Robinson wrote: Are you saying that when you convert a 1.6 fcpxml disabled tracks are not discarded when they should be, or that they are discarded when they should not be?

they are discarded when they should not be

Can you please attach your 1.5 and 1.6 fcpxmls (zip them first if they are large) and tell me what clips (name and position in the project) are not being discarded properly.

il send tests xml 1,5 and 1,6 from the same project.
And I join screen captures (of X2Pro end Logic Pro X opening AAF) to let you see what happened

eventually, I can send (by Dropbox) the 2 AAF files if you want

X2Pro does handle clip roles better in 1.6 fcpxmls, so we should focus on getting the discarding of disabled clips to work with 1.6 fcpxmls.

it handles clips role better with 1,6, but it doesn't include muted clips since in prefs I ask to do that.

you will see that with 1,5 xml, all roles are includded (great) but only originals name of role are existing = the two lanes named "NON_UTIL" keep their original role as "Dialogue".

Don't remember that I'm working with synchronized files

thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by voirememe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Graeme Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #5295 by Graeme Robinson
Graeme Robinson replied the topic: Don't "discard disable clips"
Are you saying that when you convert a 1.6 fcpxml disabled tracks are not discarded when they should be, or that they are discarded when they should not be?

Can you please attach your 1.5 and 1.6 fcpxmls (zip them first if they are large) and tell me what clips (name and position in the project) are not being discarded properly.

X2Pro does handle clip roles better in 1.6 fcpxmls, so we should focus on getting the discarding of disabled clips to work with 1.6 fcpxmls.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Graeme Robinson.

• voirememe
  • voirememe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #5289 by voirememe
voirememe created the topic: Don't "discard disable clips"
Hi, first, excuse for my english, I'm French.

In my project, I work only with synchronized clips (long movie for the Cinema)
With FCPX 10.3.3 and exporting fcpxml 1.6, I can't find disable clips in the generated AAF.

With fcpxml 1.5, I can... ! BUT, personal Roles are ne recognized, they take their original names.
For example, if I attribute the role name "NON_UTIL" for the original audio of videoclips synchronized, in the AAF, the name is "Dialogue-1" and "Dialogue-2".
I tried another thing : import a music witch is recognized as the role "music-1". If I force the role as 'TEST", in the AAF, it will be "music-1"

For information, if I able any clips in my timeline before making fcpxml, AAF keep my personal names of Roles ("NON_UTIL" or "TEST).

Is there any solution wit fcpxml 1.6 to maintain disable clips into the future AAF AND maintain my role modification ?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds