• rossh
  • rossh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #5432 by rossh
rossh replied the topic: Audio out of sync in ProTools
Can I email these to you securely?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #5428 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Audio out of sync in ProTools
To investigate a sync problem we would need the fcp xml and the aaf plus a description of where you see the files go out of sync and in what way they are out of sync (starting wrong, speed wrong, drifting out etc.)

• rossh
  • rossh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #5427 by rossh
rossh created the topic: Audio out of sync in ProTools
I'm an FCP X editor transferring to the audio mixer working in Pro Tools.

They are having trouble with the audio being out of sync once the AAF is imported.

They say:

It looks to me like a gradual slipping out of the audio, as the amount of time things are out of sync by increases over the course of the film.
Also some of the clips audio appears to have slipped too i.e it’s not the same as the audio in your guide from the video, this is usually a sample rate issue also.
Yes I’ve tried all the various re-syncing with slipping the timecode values up but there isn’t a way to get pro tools to re-time individual timecode values of each clip just everything as a whole.

In response I created a new FCP project that removed all clips that were not 25fps PAL, and new AAF from that, but still the same sync issue apparently.
I've pointed the audio editor to this previous post I saw on the forum: forum.marquisbroadcast.com/12-x2pro-professional/1448-protools-can-not-open-aaf.html#5325 explaining to turn off "Apply SRC"

Response from audio editor:

I have tried to force the sample rate, I’ve also tried to not force it into one sequence, then I’ve imported the imported sequence into a new project and at that point tried but same problem.
I’ve also tried to speed up the sequence etc. all have come out with the same problem.

Can you spot where we're going wrong?

thanks,
Ross

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds