unwanted camera sound tracks embedded

• Caroline de Koninck
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5823 by Caroline de Koninck
Caroline de Koninck replied the topic: unwanted camera sound tracks embedded
Hi James,

The setting for "discard disabled clips" has been turned on on my end. I sent my sound mixer 2 tests: first is a an aaf file created by a 1.6 XML and test 2 from a 1.5 XML. My sound mixer said that there is audio that isn't supposed to be turned on in the 1.5 XML, whereas the 1.6 seems to be working properly. I think the solution here, for me, is to make sure the XML is version 1.6.

I'm going to get my sound mixer to give me a few more screenshots to confirm this analysis, and I'll let you know if I come to a different conclusion.

Cheers,
Caroline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ercorr
  • ercorr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5822 by ercorr
ercorr replied the topic: unwanted camera sound tracks embedded
another problem i didn't talk about :
at 1 40 32 09 sound clip "USINE-T20" would appear "offline" in the protools according to the sound editor.

• ercorr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5821 by ercorr
at 1 09 53 06 must be one of them
P1540597+zoom00006

More
6 years 6 months ago #5820 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: unwanted camera sound tracks embedded
Dear Ercorr,

Am struggling to see it in the FCPXML, can you advise on clip name(s) and an instance where this occurs on the timeline.

Many Thanks.

James.

• ercorr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5819 by ercorr
Thanks james,
so there must be some sort of a bug, knowing that, this film shooting has been chaotic (different cams and differrent sound devices). some clips where synched with "tentacles" (the time code was recorded in an audio track)
i left the fcpxml as an attachment in my first post. i'm not in the editing room anymore so i can't sort out the problematic sequences, but if you can give a glance to it...
never had this kind of pb before with X2pro which is a great tool.
e.

More
6 years 6 months ago #5818 by James Carrick
Dear Ercorr,

I do not believe the roles are the issue here, forgive me if I have misunderstood your question, if you have a synched clip which lets say contains microphone sound and camera sound, then they are both referenced as "dialogue, "something"" and the something might be or is different then we would consider these clips to be "sub roles" of the original "dialogue" role. If one of these is disabled in FCPX then you can use the "discard disabled clips" setting in the X2Pro general tab to either discard the appropriate clip or mute it.

If it is not doing one or the other then it is not working correctly and we will need for you to upload the fcpxml of the sequence detailing the clips in question.

Yours sincerely

James

• ercorr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5816 by ercorr
dear james,
when i synch audio and video clips, the synchronized clip is under the role "video" and "dialogue" by default.
dialogue includes the cam sound plus the sound device sound
the cam sound is un checked in the inspector
but since they are included in the same role, X2pro embbeds the unwanted cam sound anyway?
is it what you mean ?
this sounds strange to me, i might not understand properly (i'm not american)
by the way is there a way (an app) which would allow editors to SEE what we are sending to the sound editor.
(protools first doesn't open aaf)
we are completely blind to the material we are sending forcing us (as caroline does) into tiring back and forth exchanges with the mixer.
thanks,
ercorr

More
6 years 6 months ago #5814 by James Carrick
Dear Caroline,

If you had two clips on a role and selected that role only then those would be the two clips put forward into the AAF, what actually gets put in is dependent on the configuration. In General tab there is a function to discard disabled clips if this is not enabled then we will pass the disabled clip through but mute it. Additionally in the Roles tab you can decide to keep sub roles or merge them.

Yours sincerely

James

• Caroline de Koninck
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5813 by Caroline de Koninck
Caroline de Koninck replied the topic: unwanted camera sound tracks embedded
Hi,

I'm getting the same problem. I export my XMLs version 1.5 from FCPX and my sound editor says that his protools session has audio tracks enabled that I had disabled (unchecked) in FCPX. I'm in the process of trying to figure things out with my audio guy going back and forth with different versionings and settings since I don't have protools in my edit suite.
I have noticed that X2Pro has a Roles button in the main dialog window, and I noticed that some roles are unchecked even when they aren't supposed to be. I'm not quite sure what's happening there and if I turn those roles on, will the aaf file have all possible audio from that role turned on despite some of those audio clips being disabled in FCPX?

I'll let you know if I figure things out!
Caroline

• ercorr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5780 by ercorr
Thanks James for your prompt reply. Yes, in the inspector window the synchronized clips appear with scenario unchecked (discarded?) and connected clips checked.

More
6 years 6 months ago #5777 by James Carrick
Dear Ercorr,

In the X2Pro preferences general tab have you enabled the "discard disabled clips" function, and are the clips in the project actually disabled.

Please advise.

Yours sincerely

James

• ercorr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #5773 by ercorr
ercorr created the topic: unwanted camera sound tracks embedded
although camera sound tracks are discarded x2pro seems to take them into account and embeds them into the aaf export.
am I missing something?
I join the fcpxml in the attachment.
thanks for any tips
ercorr
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds