converting for use in Logic

• badweasel
  • badweasel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 5 months ago #5994 by badweasel
badweasel replied the topic: converting for use in Logic
A1 - It turns out that he is using Logic 9 instead of Logic X. So that is why the embedded audio wasn't working.

His work around is to bring it into Logic X and then export from there as OMF to get it into Logic 9. Weird work-around but I guess his plugins didn't upgrade or something.

A2 - the wav files appear to be multi-channel wav files. When I check the pref to reference multi-channel wav files it worked and didn't embed them. I'm still waiting to hear if this aaf file works ok in Logic 9. But if not we have work around 1.

Q3/A3 - I guess that was actually already more of a statement than a question. Nothing to see there. And this file was same as the first, in that it would import into Logic X but not Logic 9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• badweasel
  • badweasel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 5 months ago #5993 by badweasel
badweasel created the topic: converting for use in Logic
My audio guy sent me this text:

So...the AAF import isn’t working. Does it give you any options to export separate audio files? There’s a bug with Logic where that’s the only way it will import OMFs properly. AAFs are probably the same. Embedded audio freaks it out for some reason.

Here was my workflow:

I have a cut with picture and audio. The audio is all from 48k stereo wav files. 4 source wav files. It's a simple 5 min cut.
I assigned a single role of "Dialog" to all the audio.
Exported XML
Converted it with X2Pro with Trim embedded audio checked.
The aaf file was about 320MB. Seemed a bit large to me considering that 5 min of stereo.

Q1 - why can't he import the audio embedded.

Q2 - even when I click reference wav files in place and turn off trim embedded, it's still embedding the audio. It's 1GB now because it seems to be importing the full 4 audio tracks.

Q3 - I realized the 320 was because I had some roles included that were from the camera audio. So I turned off that role and the export is 119MB which seems correct for 2 second handles.

I'm waiting to see if he can import the 119MB one. But in the mean time why is it that it's embedding the wav files? How do I get it not to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds