Convert Failure

More
10 years 7 months ago #711 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Re: Convert Failure
Dear Rob,

The issue 3609, has been resolved in the current release 2.1.9 have you managed to upgrade to this version, and we would be very grateful if you could confirm that it is now working well for you.

Yours Sincerely

James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 week ago #469 by graeme robinson
graeme robinson replied the topic: Re: Convert Failure
Hi Rob,

Replacing the compound clip should allow you to work around the issue. Did you ever try the "discard transitions" option in X2Pro, or was that not a suitable option?

This issue has been assigned to support ticket number TS3609 in our system, and it is being looked at.

More
11 years 1 week ago #468 by rgala
rgala replied the topic: Re: Convert Failure
Hey.

Thank you for the reply. Ironically, I got it to work. I'm not sure how, but now as I've made some changed I am coming up against the same issue. I'll try replacing the clip with the original media instead of the compound and see where that gets me.

Thanks
Rob

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #458 by graeme robinson
Hi Rob,

On investigation, it's not related to the clip, but actually related to the layout of the clips in your FCP X project.

At 01:16:40:19 (4605.39 seconds in) there is a 1 second transition to a compound clip called "The Race Football w Jan", the section of the compound clip that has been used starts with 3 frames (0.125 seconds) of a synchronized clip called "Football Jan - 9296" which in turn uses the audio clip "STE-039" (the one which you provided). It is likely that this is not the only occurrence of this layout in your project, which would explain why you still get similar errors even when you remove that clip from your project.

In FCP X, the transition is applied to a compound clip so there is no problem here, but AAF has no concept of compound clips, and only supports transitions where the clip that is being transitioned to or from has enough media to cover the length of the transition.

In the situation mentioned above, there is not enough of the clip to apply apply the transition to. In this situation X2Pro should discard the transition, but for some reason it isn't, and is reporting an error when it tries to apply the transition. This is a newly discovered bug in X2Pro and we are now looking into why it is happening how to fix it.

You should be able to convert your project by choosing to manually "discard transitions". This option is under the general tab of the preferences window. This will discard all transitions in your project so it is not an ideal solution, but it may help, at least until we are able to get a bug fix out.
Last Edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by graeme robinson.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #455 by rgala
Hey Graeme,

I just uploaded the file. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Rob

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #454 by graeme robinson
PM sent

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #453 by rgala
Yes, would you mind PM'ing me the FTP info? I'll send over that clip.

Thanks
Rob

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #452 by graeme robinson
Rob,

The issue is not necessarily with the clip, but that clip is the first one that X2Pro comes across, and then it gives up.

The clip was not attached to your post. Perhaps it was too large to attach to a forum post? Do you have any other way of providing the wav? Would you like me to PM you with FTP details?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #451 by rgala
Hey,

I just updated to 2.1.6. I still have the same issue. I'm going to attach the audio clip, but I did try extracting the clip from the project, and the issue still persisted. It seems strange to me that that one clip of so many in the film would be an issue.

Here's the latest.

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #450 by graeme robinson
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

What version of X2Pro are you using? Is it version 2.1.6?

If not, can you please try again with this version? and let me know the results?

The clip that X2Pro is having problems with is: "/Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive/Time to Shine/Day 15 Cemetary and Flashbacks Audio from Race Opening and First Hospital Visit/Audio/STEREO/FOLDER01/STE-039.wav" which is a ~37 second clip. Would you be able to provide that clip for us to look at?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #449 by rgala
I just purchased x2pro and received a very similar error.
Writing AAF file
Adding tracks to AAF file
Writing AAF track structure
Adding clip to track in AAF file. Clip references frames 11953 to 12077 of source channel 1 of asset r143
Adding Clip to sequence
Adding clip to current track on AAF composition
Adding Operation Group to Sequence
AAFRESULT_INSUFF_TRAN_MATERIAL

No AAF file has been generated.

When I opened my console, I got a litter of error reports, including, not supporting filters, and not supporting retiming.

I trying to export an entire film that has been pieced together from a # of different FCPX Projects. How do I get this done?

Thanks
Rob

P.S. XML Attached
Attachments:

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #187 by graeme robinson
Don,

Thank you. I have emailed you with FTP details, hopefully (if you manage to upload it tonight) I will be able to investigate the clip tomorrow morning.

• delewis
  • delewis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #186 by delewis
delewis replied the topic: Re: Convert Failure
The audio file is a 16 bit 48k .wav recorded on a Zoom H4n digital recorder. It was then taken into Soundtrack Pro to make level adjustments and to separate the stereo file into 2 mono files and then imported into Final Cut. There are a number of other audio files in the project that were done the same way. (probably about 7 others, I'm not at the computer with the final cut project on it so I'm not sure of the exact number). I would be happy to FTP the file to you, and I can do screen grabs of the file when I get home but that won't be until 5PM tonight Florida USA time.
Thanks,
Don

• graeme robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #185 by graeme robinson
The issue appears to be related to a wav file you are using 6 times in your project:
/Volumes/G-RAID 3/Capture Scratch/BWMS Alladin 2012/Saturday 05_05 Zoom L Level.wav

I would be great if we could examine this clip and even try running it though a special version of X2Pro in our lab, but looking at the duration of this clip (01:42:09.7), I calculate that it is probably around 500MB so you may not be able to provide this. If you are able to, I can provide FTP details for you in a private email?

Alternatively perhaps you could tell me a little about this clip? For example how many audio channels, how it was recorded, what it was recorded on, anything else unusual about it. Also it would be great if you could select this clip in FCP X and get some screengrabs of the info panel so we can see some details about the clip?
Last Edit: 11 years 7 months ago by graeme robinson.

• delewis
  • delewis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #184 by delewis
delewis replied the topic: Re: Convert Failure
Sorry, "the frames 4018458 to 4019048" copy and paste goes with the "AladdinDupeforAudioExport.fcpxml". The screen grab was from an earlier try of the same file but with a different time code start, I should not have sent that screen grab. Sorry.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds