serious problems with roots files, impossible to make it work

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #6745 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: serious problems with roots files, impossible to make it work
Dear Alex,

The forum is how you contact support, it is monitored by all of us. Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about supporting the older versions of OSX as we have to keep compatibility with the latest versions of Apples OSX.

Regarding the paths we get for the media, we get these from the FCPXML itself. Can you send a screen shot of how you configured the MediaLocations tab in X2Pro and if possible could you attach the xml to this thread so we can have a look at it.

Yours sincerely

James
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by James Carrick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mewproductions
  • mewproductions's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 6 months ago #6744 by mewproductions
mewproductions created the topic: serious problems with roots files, impossible to make it work
Dear all,
apart from finding rather strange and somehow appalling that there is no way to get in touch with anyone from the technical support, I hope to find someone to help me with this.
I have tried to download the X2PRO on my main desktop (G5) but unfortunately I wasn't allowed as it said I needed a further version of OSX (I kept the 10.9.5 in order not to lose any of my software). So I have purchased it and downloaded it on my laptop on which I have the required 10.10.
$150 and various attempts later I am totally stuck, making my purchase absolutely useless.
This is what happens: 1) I have exported my fcpxml file on my external hard drive, containing all the media, 2) I have setup the necessary media in my preferences on the X2PRO, 3) I have tried to create the aaf file.
Every time it says there is a folder that is not accessible.
I then read some material where it says the movies folder on your main directory is where X2pro goes to find the project.
So I tried something: I chose a smaller project (a 30 seconds video), I entered the fcpxml file with TEXT and I have changed the paths (after having copied over the entire project on /Users/movies/ path).
Eventually it worked.
I then tried again changing the paths, entering the name of the external drive. Unfortunately it doesn't work as it seems X2PRO will still start its path search from the OSX root folder.
Now I have two questions: is there any way to change the way X2PRO looks at the fcpxml file? And, is there an older version of this software I can download onto my main PC carrying the OSX 10.9.5?
I really hope someone will come to the rescue.
Thanks,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds