An Error Occurred Converting Final Cut XML to AAF

More
5 years 5 months ago #6760 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: An Error Occurred Converting Final Cut XML to AAF
As for the audio effects, we don't take any of those through the transfer, we take the audio straight out of the source files to keep the highest quality possible. This was decided because it was expected all audio editing was going to be done in Pro Tools.

Regards,

Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #6759 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: An Error Occurred Converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Hi Andy,

It sounds like you have "Reference WAV files in place" ticked (just above the start button). If you un-tick it, you should stop seeing this error.

Regards,

Daniel

• Barking Shark
  • Barking Shark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 5 months ago #6756 by Barking Shark
Barking Shark created the topic: An Error Occurred Converting Final Cut XML to AAF
Tried to convert a 29 minute project from FCPX 10.3 and got this error message:

Writing AAF file
Getting audio characteristics for asset [BS--2892_01]
Error trying to create reference for asset (not a WAV file or too many audio channels)

No AAF file has been generated.
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.2.2

Yesterday, I created an AAF file from the exact same project. Nothing changed in the FCP project, although I did turn on some more options in X2Pro. The reason I changed some settings was because the AAF file I created stripped all of the audio effects that I had created in FCP. I'm losing my mind here. I just wanted to give my audio engineer what we had so he could do some final tweaking, and now we're close to starting over. Please advise ASAP. Thank you.

-Andy

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds