X2pro can't connect to SERVER.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6943 by ncubero515
ncubero515 replied the topic: X2pro can't connect to SERVER.
Actually, I found a solution. Connect through AFP if you can. The problem only seems to occur when I connect through SMB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Beasley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6942 by ncubero515
ncubero515 replied the topic: X2pro can't connect to SERVER.
I also have the same problem. It repeatedly says it can't connect to a synology NAS even when the root is added to media locations. Did you end up solving this?

More
5 years 4 months ago #6846 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: X2pro can't connect to SERVER.
Did you have any luck moving the media?

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? It sounds like X2Pro is being denied access by the OSX (sounds like a Mac issue).

Could you try and run it again and then send us a copy of the Mac Console? It should contain any errors X2Pro comes across when you attempt to run it.

• sebhernandez
  • sebhernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #6845 by sebhernandez
sebhernandez replied the topic: X2pro can't connect to SERVER.
1. I did direct media to the master location and had the same error. It just cant seem to connect to the NAS. Its a Qnab connected trough SMB.

2. I’ll try this, but olease help me find a way to solve the issue without going through this path. I’m working in a tv series for Netflix with alot of media.

Thanks

More
5 years 4 months ago #6844 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: X2pro can't connect to SERVER.
Couple things worth trying:

1) In the X2Pro Preferences (CMD + ,) on the media locations, try adding the top folder that all of the media live in on the NAS and see if that helps.

2) If you move all of the media out of the NAS you will need to create a new XML file as the xml contains the filepaths to where the media is. If you move the media after the xml is created the XML will be pointing to the old file path.

• sebhernandez
  • sebhernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 4 months ago #6843 by sebhernandez
sebhernandez created the topic: X2pro can't connect to SERVER.
I'm running intro a mayor issue trying to export an aaf from a fcpx project using X2Pro.

The project and all the media live on a NAS connected through SMB though 10g .
I generated an XML but when I try to export the AAF, a window appears repetitively saying it can't connect to the server. I am connected to the NAS while trying to export, but the message keeps appearing.
I even tried moving all the audio media out of the NAS, but that XML still produces the same result. Have any thoughts?

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds