Music Linking but sync audio not relinking in pro tools

• colmullally
  • colmullally's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 4 months ago #7201 by colmullally
colmullally replied the topic: Music Linking but sync audio not relinking in pro tools
Figured out the issue, the AAF was tryiing to link to alias files and not the originals, when they were re directed it solved the issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• colmullally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 5 months ago #7197 by colmullally
colmullally replied the topic: Music Linking but sync audio not relinking in pro tools
Thanks for your reply Daniel. Yep I had that path in the media locations in the preferences and I also tried copying the movies media to a folder on the desktop but they still wouldn't re link. I'm wondering is it an issue that the audio is from the video files? As the music track re link in pro tools perfectly. Thanks for your response!

More
4 years 5 months ago #7195 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Music Linking but sync audio not relinking in pro tools
Hi Colmullally,

If you open the X2Pro preferences (cmd + ,) and go to the media locations tab you can give X2Pro access to files it needs to add to the AAF. If you add "Users/colmmullally/Movies/" it should then be able to open all the media files in that location.

• colmullally
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 5 months ago #7192 by colmullally
colmullally created the topic: Music Linking but sync audio not relinking in pro tools
Hi There, New to the app so not too experienced. When I export the XML and bring it into Pro Tools the music relinks perfectly but the sync audio won't. I can see all the blank clips on the tracks but they won't re link to the original picture files. The audio is all from camera and the clips look like they are retaining timecode and filenames but when relinking the files are called ---file location unknown----10? Any help would be great
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds