working with remote client - FINALCUT to PRO TOOLS

• jackson
  • jackson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 5 months ago #7227 by jackson
jackson replied the topic: working with remote client - FINALCUT to PRO TOOLS
Just to check before I request the client sends me the raw video files - does this program support Polywav files? Our sound recordist (a standard workflow) send over a mix track and 4 channels of ISOs. Please tell me this can work with them and not just mono/stereo files.
Thanks
Craig.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #7225 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: working with remote client - FINALCUT to PRO TOOLS
If it doesn't work for you then I'm sure that Apple will be OK to make a refund, you can apply through the App store.

• jackson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 5 months ago #7224 by jackson
jackson replied the topic: working with remote client - FINALCUT to PRO TOOLS
Thanks for the reply. But that's a really bad way to work. Most files say for example, going from final cut to Premiere Pro let you manually relink files.

Considering we bought this for use for a BBC Scotland program (working at PQ) working with an American Editor (based in the states) this is Crap.

You just realise the crippling limitations of this (charging £145...)

More
4 years 5 months ago #7223 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: working with remote client - FINALCUT to PRO TOOLS
Craig,
the FCP XML tells X2Pro where to find the files for it to be able to add the sections required to the AAF so if the Audio files are not where the XML points to they can not be found. To do what you are trying to do it would be necessary for the files and folders to be exactly as they are on your editor's machine, right down to the disk label (Macintosh HD for the internal is normal). If your editor wants to make it easy for you then editing keeping all media on an external disk and sending that disk to you would probably be the easiest way.

• jackson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 5 months ago #7222 by jackson
jackson created the topic: working with remote client - FINALCUT to PRO TOOLS
Good morning, i'm having a problem with X2PRO - So i've been sent a FCPXML file and a reference video track - i have the exact files used but when starting the conversion process i am being told that X2PRO can't access the original drive location (on my editors machine).

I would love to know if i'm going something wrong OR can this software only be used Locally (a very limiting factor)

Thanks for your time

Craig
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds