STEREO AUDIO SPLIT TO IDENTICAL MONO PAIR IN PRO TOOLS

More
4 years 3 months ago #7297 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: STEREO AUDIO SPLIT TO IDENTICAL MONO PAIR IN PRO TOOLS
Thank you for letting us know how you solved the issue, hopefully this helps other people with a similar problem!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• craigrichey
  • craigrichey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 3 months ago #7278 by craigrichey
craigrichey replied the topic: STEREO AUDIO SPLIT TO IDENTICAL MONO PAIR IN PRO TOOLS
SOLVED!

Final Cut does properly export stereo audio, and x2Pro correctly converts that in AAF.

Turns out that Pro Tools sets an automation node for panning at ZERO (center) for each incoming track....In spite of the fact that Final Cut says that no panning information will be included or retained in an XML export. So in Pro Tools, when I physically panned the mono pairs L and R by sliding in the panning window, I did not at first realize that due to the automation node the panning was locked and was immediately reverting to ZERO (center) in both channels. Solution is to delete all panning nodes and slide panning left and right, or simply reset them L and R in the automation / pan view for each pair of mono tracks that are intended to be stereo.

More
4 years 3 months ago #7276 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: STEREO AUDIO SPLIT TO IDENTICAL MONO PAIR IN PRO TOOLS
Can you let us have the AAF and FCP XML for a sample of this behaviour, I'll PM you to give you details of where to upload to as the AAF will be too large.

• craigrichey
  • craigrichey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 3 months ago #7274 by craigrichey
craigrichey created the topic: STEREO AUDIO SPLIT TO IDENTICAL MONO PAIR IN PRO TOOLS
Perhaps someone can help. I exported an XML from fcpx, converted to AAF with x2pro and upon Pro Tools import all stereo tracks were split into mono pairs. Problem is that when those are panned L and R they are still mono......in other words, the stereo file was squashed into a mono file and duplicated rather than L channel and R channel having different audio information. This means that all music and SFX and stereo audio files cannot be successfully converted back into stereo panned L/R, or dragged to an interleaved audio track in Pro Tools as the info in each channel is identical. Help!!!????

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds