Multicam Emergency

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #195 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: Multicam Emergency
Sorry not to have been much more help, yes, exporting multiple fcpxmls was probably the only way to do it. I don't think the fcpxml contains enough information for X2Pro to get at angles other than those that you used in the timeline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• malcolm.che
  • malcolm.che's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #194 by malcolm.che
malcolm.che replied the topic: Re: Multicam Emergency
hi

thanks for the reply. the timeline was a multicam edit, where the audio track that is in the xml is the feed from the desk on the night. when i opened the xml in fcpx again, it had the multiple unused audio tracks.

if there were a way that you could help getting multicam audio out, that would be great, since it's one of the powerful tools in fcpx. i have had to export multiple xml files, one for each of the tracks and convert those to aaf in the end

• Chris Steele
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #193 by Chris Steele
Chris Steele replied the topic: Re: Multicam Emergency
Hi,
FCP X only exports in the fcpxml the media that you have in your project timeline. So, X2Pro cannot see the other media at all.
We have looked at the fcpxml that you attached and that appears to have multicam video clips with attached audio. We cannot see anything that looks like an audio feed from a desk.
What X2Pro will do is to look for the audio that is attached to the video camera angle that you used in the timeline and export that into the AAF for ProTools. That audio is presumably the audio that you hear when you play the timeline in FCP X. Is what you hear, what you want in ProTools?
I hope this helps, we cannot link to media not in the timeline as can only process what FCP X writes out in the xml.
Chris
Last Edit: 11 years 7 months ago by . Reason: fixed a typo

• malcolm.che
  • malcolm.che's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 years 7 months ago #192 by malcolm.che
malcolm.che created the topic: Multicam Emergency
hi

i have edited an 87 minute show that had 8 synch'd cameras. i edited using the audio feed that came from the desk on the night the show was recorded. i now need to export the separate channels which have each of the speaking people on it (as dual mono) and the xml i have converted to aaf only brings out the layer i have cut to. the deadline for mix is tomorrow morning, and i don't have the time to manually cut each audio piece.

please advise if there is a solution using your product

thanks

(attached is a sample of the show xml)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds