• ZAH
  • ZAH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #7617 by ZAH
ZAH replied the topic: Some audio files offline in Pro Tools
Hi Daniel,
I did what you suggested and unfortunately no luck. Now I am getting an 'unsupported audio format' message (attached). When I took that audio file, and put it in Compressor, and brought it back in UNCHANGED in format, the AAF worked perfectly... but I cannot do that for every single clip... Is there any other X2Pro version I can try??

By the way that Whatsapp SFX was 44.1 hz and that was its problem, and I sorted that out...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #7606 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Some audio files offline in Pro Tools
Hi Zeina,

There is a few things going on here. It looks like X2Pro doesn't have access to any of your media files. Can you open the X2Pro preferences (CMD + ,) and on the media locations tab make sure to add users/macuser/desktop to the locations.

X2Pro seems to only be able to read a very small amount of "WhatsApp send voice SFX" or the file isn't as big as we expected it to be. The way customers have fixed this issue in the passed is transcoding this file to a different file type using Quicktime.

• ZAH
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #7601 by ZAH
ZAH replied the topic: Some audio files offline in Pro Tools
Hi Daniel,
I have the screenshot of the first attempt to generate the AAF, and I have only 2 screenshots from the error list from when I asked X2Pro to create the AAF regardless of errors.
Thanks,
Zeina
Attachments:

More
3 years 5 months ago #7598 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Some audio files offline in Pro Tools
Hi ZAH,

Would you be able to send us a screenshot of the full error messages as well as your xml file?

Many thanks,

Daniel

• ZAH
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #7595 by ZAH
ZAH created the topic: Some audio files offline in Pro Tools
Hi, during the export of the AAF in X2Pro, I got a number of errors (failed to initialize audio extractor; error setting up audio extractor; does this movie contain an unsupported audio format..) I told X2Pro to create the AAF regardless of errors; there was a list of 'failed to open media file', and 'failed to read 310485 samples'.. mainly when the sound guy opened the AAF in Pro Tools some audio files were offline, and we cannot figure out why or how to avoid that. I have used X2Pro before and never encountered this problem. Any help or advise?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds