Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information Details: Asset [nil]

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7804 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information Details: Asset [nil]
I can't even import those into FCP, can you try re-importing them to your FCP and see whether you see the same? I get this error:

Encountered an unexpected value. (src="": /fcpxml[1]/resources[1]/asset[37]/@src)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• QuStudios
  • QuStudios's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7803 by QuStudios
QuStudios replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information Details: Asset [nil]
Two failed exports from separate Multicam clip projects attached. Thanks for looking into this.
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7802 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information Details: Asset [nil]
Multicam clips are supported but can be problematic when trimmed, however, the error looks like there is a reference problem in the xml so if you can get a copy to us we can investigate.

• QuStudios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7801 by QuStudios
QuStudios replied the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information Details: Asset [nil]
Thanks for the response, Tim.

I've already tried these suggestions.. ensured I've had the Project highlighted in the event browser window and had the project timeline highlighted as a separate attempt. I've also tried exporting both versions of XML with no luck.

To ensure there isn't some other bug, I was able to export a totally different project with a far simpler timeline (one that did not use Multicam clips for video or audio).

Can you confirm that X2Pro is supposed to support the export of Multicam clip content?

Mathew

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #7800 by TimRobson
The message suggests that the problem is with the project section and not with the media, check that you have the project selected and if you have can you try using a V1.8 FCPXML instead of a V1.9 (default). If that doesn't work can you post the FCPXML for us to take a look at please?

• QuStudios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 1 month ago #7799 by QuStudios
QuStudios created the topic: Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information Details: Asset [nil]
Okay, new user. Searched the forums before posting and nothing with this error came up.. Hope someone can point me in the right direction...

Some system details:

Mac Pro
OSX Catalina 10.15.6
FCPX 10.5.1
X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.4

I've watched the video guides on YouTube... Discarded the empty audio, set the roles (only dialogue at this stage), but all I get is this error message:

Unable to parse FCP XML file to obtain project information

Details:
Asset [nil] has no valid media
Extracting Audio
Extracting audio

Suggestions:
- Ensure that the file is not locked by another application and is readable;
- Ensure that this is a valid FCP XML file from a released version of FCP X;
- Ensure that this is the export of a Project, not of a Library or Event;
- Ensure that this is not an empty project (or that all audio is disabled);

X2Pro Audio Convert 4.5.4

I've given X2Pro full disk access.. set the media locations...

My audio (originals) are 24Bit WAV format, recorded on a Zoom F8 field recorder.

My timeline is using a Multicam clip with audio specified as the above .WAVs.

Incase this was somehow an issue, I exported the [project's audio as an AIFF and brought it back in, turned off the original audio clips and exported XML again... I just got the same error message.

I'm sure it's just me doing something wrong, but for such an expensive piece of software, it's not exactly helpful in letting new users determine the problem. I'm kinda feeling like I need to be a NASA scientist to know what the problem is!

...any NASA scientists in?

Any help much appreciated so I can get on with the job in hand.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds