X2Pro using exported FCPXML by Davinci Resolve 17 Studio

More
2 years 5 months ago #8027 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: X2Pro using exported FCPXML by Davinci Resolve 17 Studio
Dear Neo,
The X2Pro application does not require you to actually have FinalCut, you do need however to have a fairly modern MAC OS to run it on and you will need to purchase it from the Apple App Store. I believe you can ask the App Store for a refund if it did not work the way you wanted.

X2Pro was designed to work with the FCP, and will work with FCP XML 1.9. If you have any issues we are more than happy to look into but, if an issue turns out to be a difference in how Davinci creates / interprets a FCPXML as opposed to Final Cut we would not be able to resolve.

Yours Sincerely

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• neo.23
  • neo.23's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 5 months ago #8026 by neo.23
neo.23 created the topic: X2Pro using exported FCPXML by Davinci Resolve 17 Studio
I try to find a solid solution exporting the sound edit done in Davinci Resolve 17 Studio into Pro Tools 10/11 HD. The AAF exported by Resolve seems to be recognized correctly only by Pro Tools 12 or higher which is not available for me. So I found the workaround using different editing programs like Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere which both are not available for me as well. But Davinci is able to export a FCPXML in different versions (from FCP7 to FCPXML1.9). So my question is:
Does X2Pro need an installed version of Final Cut Pro X to work properly? Or is X2Pro using only the XML file? If I do not need Final Cut Pro X it definitely would be worth for me to buy X2Pro... Is there probably a demo version to test this workflow?
Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds