AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #8070 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7

File Attachment:

File Name: Info_2021-....aaf.txt
File Size:35 KB
Hi Sebastian,
Using Big Sur and 4.5.7 I can process the FCPXML, there are issues with re-timing and conform rates, which are noted in the sidecar txt file but nothing to stop it from creating an AAF.
Would it be possible for you to double check you have access to the media locations (you can check them from the attached txt file).
Is there / was there anything in the console window, would you be able to clean this, and just attempt to process the fcpxml again and forward the console if possible as I assume you might be able to see this if running when the machine locks up, i.e. only running X2Pro and FCPX is off.
Yours Sincerely
James
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by James Carrick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ohmeibauti
  • ohmeibauti's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 months ago #8069 by ohmeibauti
ohmeibauti replied the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7
Thank you for your message, I appreciate it.
I am using now Mac OS Big sur (since I am naturally a bit hesitant with updates I haven't updated to Monterey yet) and the latest final cut 10.6.1

More
2 years 2 months ago #8068 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7
Dear Sebastian,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. There does not appear to be anything odd with the FCPXML, can you advise what Mac OS version you are using and what version of FCPX.

Many thanks.

James

• ohmeibauti
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 months ago #8054 by ohmeibauti
ohmeibauti replied the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7
thank you for your quick answer. I really appreciate it.
I'm not 100% sure but I think I updated from the 4.5.6

I can only attach here the fcpxml file, not the bundle version 1.10
its just a cut-down of a longer film. so its just one XDCAM file and an additional audio track
thank you for your help
Sebastian
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago #8053 by Noel Jones
Noel Jones replied the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7
Could you send us a copy of the FCPXML please?

More
2 years 2 months ago #8052 by Noel Jones
Noel Jones replied the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7
Hi Sebastian,

Can I ask which version you upgraded from?

• ohmeibauti
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #8051 by ohmeibauti
ohmeibauti created the topic: AAF writing doesn't finish since updating to 4.5.7
Hi everybody
I hesitated with the update, because updates on X2Pro have messed my entire workflow before. Well I did it anyway. I updated X2Pro to 4.5.7 and since then the program doesn't write the AAF anymore, it stops half way. Ive tried FCPXML v1.9 and v1.10 same results with both. The timeline is not even very complex. The footage is XDCAM HD422 50Mb interlaced. The project has only 8 tracks
I am working on a M1 machine with latest version of fcp.
Also: I need to force quit the program, and i need to force shutdown my computer as well, a normal reboot becomes impossible after X2Pro crashes.
Any help is very appreciated
best Sebastian
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by ohmeibauti.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds