My AAF project is longer than the movie I exportet to XML

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #8120 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: My AAF project is longer than the movie I exportet to XML
Hi Kjartegg,

There isn't a way around this that I know of as this is the expected way that X2Pro would work and be used. It was created as a way of getting your media from FCPX to Pro Tools without losing any quality from it and then would be edited from there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kjartegg
  • Kjartegg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #8115 by Kjartegg
Kjartegg replied the topic: My AAF project is longer than the movie I exportet to XML
Is there a way to avoid this?

More
2 years 1 month ago #8101 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: My AAF project is longer than the movie I exportet to XML
Hi Kjartegg,

X2Pro takes the media straight from the media file to keep the quality of media as much as possible, because of this all conform rates are not taken from the Final Cut project which is why this clip is longer than expected (the txt. file mentionns conform rates were not applied). It works this way because it was assumed that all audio editing/adjustments would be done in the audio editing software rather than in FCPX.
-
It is also worth noting that currently we only test X2Pro against Pro Tools so whilst Logic Pro may be successful in importing the AAF file, we can't say for certain future ones will important correctly.

More
2 years 1 month ago #8100 by Daniel Beasley
Apologies for the lack of response, we are looking at your xml file now and will reply as soon as we see what the issue is

• Kjartegg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #8099 by Kjartegg
Kjartegg replied the topic: My AAF project is longer than the movie I exportet to XML
Any help here?

• Kjartegg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #8083 by Kjartegg
Thank you.

Where do I send it? Maybe I`m blind, but I don`t see where to upload the files.

And I use Logic Pro, sorry for not mentioning that in my first post.

More
2 years 1 month ago #8082 by Daniel Beasley
Hi Kjartegg,

Could you send us your XML file and the .txt file that is created when you generate the AAF file? Then we can take a look and see why it is not working. A screenshot of the AAF in Pro Tools which highlights the part that shouldn't be there will be very helpful as well.

• Kjartegg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 month ago #8081 by Kjartegg
Kjartegg created the topic: My AAF project is longer than the movie I exportet to XML
I just bought X2Pro and with some projects it works fine, but I have one that just won`t work.

For some reason it adds about 2 minutes to a project that is 20 minutes and 50 seconds.
We thought it could have been because of a few files that was in 44,1 but it did not work to remove these files.
What are we doing wrong?

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds