I'm a PT user needing help to advise a FCP client how to export the XML!!

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #8137 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: I'm a PT user needing help to advise a FCP client how to export the XML!!
Hi Emily,

Unfortunately this is a bit difficult to do from the Pro Tools side of things. When the XML is exported from Final Cut it creates the links to each media file, so if any clips are moved after this point then X2Pro won't be able to find them. The only way I can think to get this to work would be if you had access to FCP so you could import the xml into your FCP, relink the audio files to the project and then export the xml again so it's filepaths are updated on your machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• emilycompton
  • emilycompton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 4 weeks ago #8136 by emilycompton
emilycompton created the topic: I'm a PT user needing help to advise a FCP client how to export the XML!!
Hello!

I've recently purchased X2ProLe and I really hope it can be used by mixers/Pro Tools users to create the AAF. At the moment, my client has sent me an XML but obviously the file is trying to source the audio files on their external hard drive. This means I can't grant access to the media locations because I don't have it.

Is there a way I can guide my client on how to bundle a workspace so I'll have the audio files that it is trying to link to? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds