Help - Failed to open media file

More
2 years 5 days ago #8162 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Help - Failed to open media file
It means that it does have access to all of the media locations. Although it looks like it is failing to open/doesn't have permissions on your machine to open and use the files since someone else is able to get it to work on there machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GudgeFilms
  • GudgeFilms's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 week ago #8160 by GudgeFilms
GudgeFilms replied the topic: Help - Failed to open media file

TimRobson wrote: If you couldn't get your machine to open the files but someone else could then it points to a permissions/access problem on your machine but I'd struggle to know exactly what.

On the sync problems, was there a message about conforms not being applied? X2Pro doesn't retime anything it just provides enough source media for them to be re-applied in Protools so any retiming or rate conforming will result in clips which, in the raw transfer AAF, drift out of sync.

I believe I've added the locations. If I go into settings and click "Verify against FCP XML" is goes through and gives me green text that says "All media locations are accessible." Does that mean it does have access or is this check process not relevant?

More
2 years 1 week ago #8159 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Help - Failed to open media file
If you couldn't get your machine to open the files but someone else could then it points to a permissions/access problem on your machine but I'd struggle to know exactly what.

On the sync problems, was there a message about conforms not being applied? X2Pro doesn't retime anything it just provides enough source media for them to be re-applied in Protools so any retiming or rate conforming will result in clips which, in the raw transfer AAF, drift out of sync.

• GudgeFilms
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 week ago #8158 by GudgeFilms
OK, trying again here.
You do not have permissions to access this page.

In regards to your possible outcomes, those are both things I've considered though maybe I've missed it. The files were there, and I even relocated them to another drive in case there was a hard drive problem (and then made a new FCPx/XML that linked to the new file location). No dice.

Also, strangely, I was able to have my remote editor do the export on his end with a copy of the FCPx library... but his export created a file that loaded in protools with sync off. My sound guy said everything important seemed to be out of sync by a second or two, but not in a consistent pattern. Have you encountered this?

More
2 years 1 week ago #8156 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Help - Failed to open media file
Hi GudgeFilms,

You should be able to upload screenshots to the forum, would you mind trying again?

"Failed to open media file" could either mean that X2Pro does not have permission to access it, or the media file is not in that location anymore. Is it possible the media files have been moved since the XML was created?

• GudgeFilms
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 week ago #8154 by GudgeFilms
Tried to post screenshots but I guess the forum wouldn't let me. That's a great metaphor for trying to do an audio transfer to pro tools today!

• GudgeFilms
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 1 week ago #8153 by GudgeFilms
GudgeFilms created the topic: Help - Failed to open media file
I am having a heck of a time trying to get this plugin to work on my project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting the error "Failed to open media file" over and over. If you look at the attachment though I have given access to the folder where the files reside. I'm running 4.5.7 as it's the only thing I can get from the App Store. OS X 11.6.5. Latest FCPx. All these are the latest because I literally refreshed my entire computer trying to troubleshoot the errors I was getting. Previously I was using the older version of FCPx and it still would not work that way.

Any advice or tips?

Screenshots:

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds