Error Converting to AAF - Canon Raw Light?

More
1 year 9 months ago #8342 by James Carrick
James Carrick replied the topic: Error Converting to AAF - Canon Raw Light?
Hi Sam,
CRM is not new, it is just not supported as Daniel said, there is another thread where this is all detailed.
forum.marquisbroadcast.com/4-media-and-formats/1647-canon-raw-lite-crm-file-support.html#7909
Unfortunately there is no further movement either from Canon or Apple, please feel free to approach either as end users tend to have more weight than OEM's.
Yours sincerely
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sam Needham
  • Sam Needham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 9 months ago #8341 by Sam Needham
Sam Needham replied the topic: Error Converting to AAF - Canon Raw Light?
Thanks for the reply Daniel.

So, the individual clip was the same format. Canon's RAW Light format is a .CRM file and that's what seems to be the issue.

I'll do some more tests tomorrow, but I've not had any issues with the .MXF footage so far.

Reckon it's the CRM that's causing the issue as it's a new format?

More
1 year 9 months ago #8340 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Error Converting to AAF - Canon Raw Light?
Hi Sam,

The problem comes from Apples AVFoundation (which we use in X2Pro) not supporting Canons format. Are the individual clips you are putting through X2Pro a different video type ? We would like to be able to support Canon formats but we are unable to do so until they release their own SDK which would allow us to build it into X2Pro, or Apple add the support for it themselves.

Many thanks,

Daniel

• Sam Needham
  • Sam Needham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 9 months ago #8339 by Sam Needham
Sam Needham created the topic: Error Converting to AAF - Canon Raw Light?
Hey,

I've been using X2Pro for a few years now along side FCPX and rarely have any issues.

That said, I'm trying to export a project that I shot on the Canon C70 in Canon's raw light format and I keep getting an error message up on export. Weirdly, I've managed to export single clips from the project without any issues, but the whole timeline is throwing up some issues for me. See the screenshot.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've relinked files too.

Cheers
Sam
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds