Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert

More
1 year 5 months ago #8481 by raitioneulon
raitioneulon replied the topic: Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert
On Audio Convert, there is a Record voiceover tool. It is easy to use as you need to simply press Record button and you are good to go. When you are finished, you can either press stop or pause to stop it. Then the file will be converted again. This tool is able to work with many formats like MP3, M4A, WAV, AIFF, and more .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Beasley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hogeus
  • Hogeus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8415 by Hogeus
Hogeus replied the topic: Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert
The settings are all 1080p25.

"Record voice over tool" is the built in tool for recording voice over in fcp. No problem recording and putting the voice overs in the right place in the project (timeline). The only problem is that X2pro don't handle the files when making the AAF.

I can export them as WAV without problem, on the right timecode, , when doing export (sharing) "audio only as separate files".

All the voice overs are named Speaker and a subsequent number.

/Lars

More
1 year 7 months ago #8413 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert
I believe FCP libraries are set to a specific quality and framerate when they are created. If you look just above the preview screen it should tell you what yours is set to. "1080p25 HD. Stereo" for example. Using the incorrect option can cause issues when exporting xml files so we do recommend having that set to the correct option. I'm not 100% but I don't think you can change it after the project has been made. You might need to create a new project then go into "custom settings" and set the video format and framerate you are using.

As for the "Record voice over tool" is this an external tool used and then you add those files into FCP afterwards? Could you give me the file names of a couple of the missing clips so I see if they are in the xml file?

• Hogeus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8412 by Hogeus
Hogeus replied the topic: Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert
Thanks, looking forward to see if you can find anything!

One odd thing I just found out is that when looking/listening to the files in the event viewer in fcp it says 60 fps, allthough everything I handle is 25p. Does that mean anything? In the Inspector it doesn't say anything about frames.

/Lars

More
1 year 7 months ago #8411 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert
That is the one! I will give it a download and take a look at it and get back to you :)

• Hogeus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8410 by Hogeus
Or rather like this I guess.

:-)
Attachments:

• Hogeus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8409 by Hogeus
/Users/larshogeus/Movies/FCPX share to X2Pro/Han hette Robin_leverans.fcpxml

Like this?

More
1 year 7 months ago #8408 by Daniel Beasley
You can attach it on the forum here or if you would rather, I can provide you details to upload it to our FTP site.

• Hogeus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8407 by Hogeus
Yes, sure!

Where do I send it?

/Lars

More
1 year 7 months ago #8406 by Daniel Beasley
Hi Hogeus,

If you can send us your xml file I can take a look if you would like?

• Hogeus
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8405 by Hogeus
Hogeus created the topic: Issue with Record voice over tool in X2Pro Audio Convert
When creating AAF from FCP-project, the voice overs recorded in "Record voice over tool" are not included in the AAF-file. I have done this numerous times before through the years without any big issues. On my last two projects this happens. I´m working on a new MacBook Pro (M1 Max, 64 GB memory, Mac OS Monterey 12.4), using X2Pro Audio Convert for the AAF export. The AAF is used by the sound engineer in Protools. All good there except for the voice overs. Anyone have a clue?

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds