Out of Sync

More
1 year 2 months ago #8580 by Noel Jones
Noel Jones replied the topic: Out of Sync
Hi,

Unfortunately Logic isn't very good at importing AAF files,
All we can suggest is you send the AAF to your Pro-Tools vendor to see how it looks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Determined1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Determined1
  • Determined1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #8578 by Determined1
Determined1 created the topic: Out of Sync
Hi there -
New to the forum, but not so new to x2pro. I have a short movie with a ton of sound design, music, sound fx, and an amount of dialogue. It's robust. I have exported an XML and have clicked the correct set up in x2pro. When converted, I have a 9 gig AAF for a 20 minute movie. My Logic project is the same timecode as my FCPX project. So far, so go.

When I bring the XML into Logic, everything is spot on. If I were using Logic to finish audio, I'd be set. But I'm using a PT vendor. So....

When I bring the AAF into Logic, my tracks are OFF, way off, and I'm not getting any of my role titles. It's a mess.

I've got some retimed audio clips, some stretched music. I've reversed some dialogue (don't ask) and there are a ton of unsupported filters that have been ignored. My scratch mix in FCPX sounds good, but I know that gets stripped when it goes through this process. Still, I've never had my audio so scrambled before.

I've attached my x2pro text file for you to review, and can share more
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds