How to reduce tracks and organize my AAF for my Pro Tools editor

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #8594 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: How to reduce tracks and organize my AAF for my Pro Tools editor
Hi Tara,

Mono will have less tracks yes.
Merging subroles into parent roles works by putting any subroles that dont overlap onto the same track. If Music.a1, Music.a2 and Music.a3 dont overlap they can all be put onto the parent track "Music". If subroles overlap then they will be kept on seperate tracks.

Unchecking subroles will stop X2Pro from taking all media that is part of that subrole, so it isn't recommended turning off subroles unless you are sure it contains nothing useful.
The roles and the subroles will appear in the order they are shown the X2Pro Roles window. These can be reordered how you want my selecting the role and using the arrows to move them up and down.

Roles/subroles are ordered alphanumerically by Rolename and then Subrolename. Example;
Dialogue.dialogue-1
Dialogue.dialogue-2
Dialogue.example-1
Dialogue.exmaple-2

I hope this helped clear some things up, if you have any more questions please let us know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tara
  • Tara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #8592 by Tara
Tara created the topic: How to reduce tracks and organize my AAF for my Pro Tools editor
I would like to know how to reduce the number of tracks in my AAF for my Pro Tools sound editor. I would also like to know how to organize the tracks so that the AAF works well for a Pro Tools editor.

In my first AAF, in the Menu's Settings under Roles of X2Pro, I checked the box "Keep the Roles Separate." (I know that's why I had many tracks. I also have stereo tracks, so I assume once I change the dialogue to MONO I'll have less tracks. I'm a newbie. Please let me know if my thinking is correct.)

In my next AAF test, in the Menu's Settings under Roles of X2Pro, I plan to check the box "Merge Subroles into Parent." How will that reduce the tracks? Please describe what happens, as I read in the X2Pro help menu that checking this option makes a more dense track. I really can't understand what 'a more dense track' looks like exactly. Is it logical?

As I said, my goal is to organize my tracks and reduce them. Within the X2Pro Ap itself, there is an Button which says "Roles" in which one may select or deselect roles to include. Will unchecking subroles reduce the number of tracks? Will unchecking any type of role result in the loss of important meta data needed for the AAF? How do the Main Roles and Subroles show up in the track with each option I've described above. (I read that the tracks are alphabetized by their subrole label name. My Pro Tools editor doesn't understand! Will a Pro Tools editor have to reconstruct the audio in my AAF in order to work on it no matter what?

An answer to part or all of this is most appreciated! I don't wish to supply the .fcpxml or the AAF due to confidentiality issues.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Tara. Reason: closure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds