Need help rather quick!

• crverik
  • crverik's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 6 days ago #8604 by crverik
crverik replied the topic: Need help rather quick!
Thanks for the quick reply and for the tip about mLut, this led to a solution.

I’m not sure it’s needed in FCP but in Avid I’m used to throw out all video before I export an AAF out for sound, so I did the same in FCP and expected it would then only reference the audio in the xml.
But it seemed like even though I deleted the video, it still transferred video plugin information into the xml.
The issue was resolved by removing all video effects prior to deleting the video in the project, before exporting out an xml.

Thanks alot, also from the sound engineer ;)

Best,
Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #8603 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: Need help rather quick!
There is at least one problem here, the xml is huge! A fcpxml should not be nearly 4 gigabytes and despite your saying that you have removed the effects there are some video effects in there with huge blocks of data in them. They are like this one and the mLUT data is the big block:

<filter-video ref="r15" name="mLut by motionVFX">

In addition to this I can't see any project information although it is hard to be sure as none of my text editors will open it so searching is hard. I suggest that you need to remove these motionVFX effects and try exporting the project again.

• crverik
  • crverik's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #8602 by crverik
crverik created the topic: Need help rather quick!
Hi all,

I'm sending out my first AAF from FCP to Sound.
Tomorrow morning the sound engineer expects a working AAF from the film.
At the moment I get this error (see attached).

I've tried removing all effects, sending only one role at a time to X2Pro, but nothing got me past the error message.
Below a link to the FCPXML, in case someone has the time to take a look at it: https://eriktenbrinke-3.stack.storage/s/8qjEHZ9mUeJeJQQ0

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,
Erik
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds