handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8678 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF
Tara,
I think that you may have misunderstood what the reference multichannel wav files setting does, ProTools doesn't like references to multichannel files so when using the option to reference wav files in-place (i.e not embed them in the AAF) X2Pro by default embeds multi-channel and references single channel, the reference multichannel modifies this behaviour.
If I understand your workflow correctly you are trying to trim and embed audio not to reference files in their original location so you do not want to check that box anyway and should not be using the reference in place option either.

See this info:
x2pro.net/referencing-audio.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tara
  • Tara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8677 by Tara
Tara replied the topic: handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF
Hi Tim,

My media is NOT multicam.
Most of my media is stereo, AC-3, Linear PCM. The file types are AVCHD and .mov.
If I deselect the option to reference multi-channel WAV files, what will happen to my stereo files I want the 10 second handles on? (Of course I would still do the following: select the bubble to embed media optionally trimming
selected the bubble to generate a warning and con't making a file.)

Thanks for responding.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8674 by TimRobson
TimRobson replied the topic: handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF
You mentioned that you had selected 'reference multi-channel wav files', is all of your media multi channel wav?
Is any of your media multicam clips?
What file types are included in the project (MXF MOV etc.)
What Audio type are you using (PCM etc.)
Try without the reference media and reference multichannel wav options selected.

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #8672 by Tara
Tara replied the topic: handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF
In a previous response, this was mentioned ever so briefly:

"If there was an issue with X2Pro 'trimming the audio,' then it has to put the whole original clip in. It will tell you if it was unable to trim the media after the AAF creation is done in the list of warnings/errors at the end." (It did not provide that info. in the .txt document accompanying the AAF.)

Once again, what are the reasons that trip it to provide the whole clip? Why aren't my handles working?

I'm not through with this problem. I purchased the app for the very reason of making handles. So does this mean there is something wrong with the Pro version of the app I purchased?
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Tara.

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #8664 by Tara
I bought the full version, X2Pro Audio Convert. I paid $149.99.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Tara. Reason: additional information

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8663 by TimRobson
There's no information in the txt file tat helps here, however, I still need to know which you have, is it X2ProLE or the full version? The software is the same version either way (4.5.14) but there should be information in the UI to tell you whether it is the LE or Pro version. You can also find this from the App store. What was the price that you paid? This is also an indicator of which version you are using.

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8662 by Tara
I uploaded the .aaf.txt document. Can you tell me what message in this document is evidence that it generated a whole take vs. 10 sec. of clip handles which I specified?

If the X2PRO has the ability to make handles, what trips it up to make it include a whole original source take, or clip? What are all the reasons that would compromise it being able to make handles?

Thanks.
Attachments:

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8661 by Tara
corrected: "checked the box to Reference multi-channel WAV files"

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8660 by Tara
Hi Daniel,

You wrote: "It will tell you if it was unable to trim the media after the AAF creation is done in the list of warnings/errors at the end."

What is the message? Is the message in the .aaf.text document? I need to be able to identify this problem in the future so I know what I'm actually sending to people in my AAF.

Thank you.

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8659 by Tara
I have the X2PRO version 4.5.14.

In the X2PRO Preferences I did the following:
inputed 10 for second handles
checked the box to Reference multi-channel WAF+V files
selected the bubble to Embed media optionally trimming
selected the bubble to Generate a warning and con't making a file

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #8649 by TimRobson
Are you running X2Pro LE or the Pro version? The LE version does not trim audio, this is a function only of the Pro version

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8642 by Daniel Beasley
Daniel Beasley replied the topic: handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF
Hi Tara,

As long as there was no issues and the "trim embedded audio" option is enabled, then X2Pro will only put the audio used inside the AAF.

If there was an issue with X2Pro trimming the audio then it has to put the whole original clip in. It will tell you if it was unable to trim the media after the AAF creation is done in the list of warnings/errors at the end.

• Tara
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #8637 by Tara
Tara created the topic: handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF
Hello,

I'm confused about handles and what amount of media is being supplied in the AAF based on the handle number. Please explain how much of the original source clip or 'take' is supplied. It's not mentioned anywhere in any of your resources.

This is what I've observed: I selected a preference to trim handles to 10 seconds in the media handling preference of X2PRO, however, my Pro Tools sound editor says that the clips are opening up to the entire duration of the original take! (I expected that the AAF would be just the duration of the clip in the FCPX project timeline plus 10 seconds at the front and end of clip in the film.) Clearly that's not happening! The file size of my AAF is tremendous.

Is there any way to limit the amount of original source footage provided in an AAF? I don't want the editors working on my film having access to all the footage from my interviews, just the clip in the film plus 10 seconds handles on the front and the back end. Is that possible? I need an answer to this as I don't want to be sued if something is leaked from my project. People need to know how much of their project they're actually sharing in their AAF! It must be disclosed.

Tara
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Tara. Reason: No answer from 1st way written. Must have response.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds